Page 7 of 79 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 17 57 ... LastLast

Thread: Pigpen

Got the rest of the brakes done today, all I need in that department is to order the soft lines to the axles. I started on the electrical accesories today, I had to cut the **** out of the dash to mount my switch panel. I took all the crap out of the stock ash tray area and mounted my fuse block for the accesories there.
    Attached Images Attached Images        
    On the 8th day god created the Super Swamper TSL and said "go forth and kick ass"

Everything's looking great! Are you planning on using the line lock for park brake or just temporary hold? I prob would have gone with the mechanical type if using for regular park brake. Plumbing would suck, but on a steep hill I would trust it more.
    BDR

Its just going to be for burnouts and temporary e-brake like when winching. I have a high angle t-case e-brake that is going to be used on the rear so bleed off isnt reall a concern.
    On the 8th day god created the Super Swamper TSL and said "go forth and kick ass"

Cool. High angle tcase ebrake? Are you talking High Angle Driveline brand?
    BDR

Yes

Here's the pic of the high angle 205 flange and e-brake. I put the grill back on so I can hook up the radiator and maybe start this biatch soon. The switch panel is totaly done, I just need to add fuses and find a ground in the cab to screw it to. Look at all them wires and yes I am going to put a grommet in the firewall hole I just havent gotten one yet.

there is waaaay to much progress being made for this to be a tamor project. Keep up the good work.

jwingfield2k
    robert, got any front quarter panels you wanna donate?:-D

I have some front fenders that I'll sell to you. I kinda want to keep them but if you make it worth my while it can happen. Brandon, I am unemployed and really have nothing else to do, which results in great progress.

Got the winch mount made today.

What a day what a day. I made my 4th and 5th purchases of $20 or more from Vatozone today and got my free $20 gift card . I wired up the in-cab winch controller and it works like a charm. I got the radiator mounted and everything except the oil cooler hooked up, I am having some issues locating fittings to screw into the radiator. I changed the fluid and filters in the tranny and engine, at which time I deduced that you cannot have a catch pan too large when draining a tranny. I took a bunch of tires to get dismounted and get the burban's tires taken off the blingin aluminums and put on the icky steelies. They weigh a goddam ton now, its seriously rediculous. I also finished up the switch panel inside, everything works perfectly except the blue LED for the foglights is burnt out or something. I am *hoping* (knock on wood) to get it started up tomorow, but we'll see. Also, check out my badass steel braided brakelines from speedway motors, a set with 36" long fronts and a 25" long rear, with all the fittings I needed was about $85. Cant beat that and the quality is up there.

does the inside of that spring plate bolt to the pumpkin? no u-bolt?

No u-bolt, that is correct. It uses two 5/8" bolts. I had to make some angled washers to go between the spring plates and the nuts, because I used 6 degree shims to angle my pinion up so then the bolts would not sit flat on the spring plate. They are booty-tastic and I'll get pics tomorow.

well I hope that they are at least grade 8 bolts. that could be a fun trail fix.

The project looks good. Are you going to bring it to College Station in the fall?
    Quote Originally Posted by afroman006
    Creighton, you have done stuff with that jeep that would make a goat go "holy ****!"
    Quote Originally Posted by afroman006
    So driving by brail is why your jeep looks the way it does eh?

Yes, they are grade 8. It will be coming to CS. I cranked it today. Got the fuel system bled but did not have time to actually start it. It wont be trail ready when it gets to CS though, it'll still need shocks, a front driveshaft and misc. other doodads.