Page 76 of 79 FirstFirst ... 26 66 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 LastLast
Results 1,126 to 1,140 of 1174

Thread: Pigpen

Well as y'all know my power steering box locked up at K2 in April. Since it was a reman from O'Reillys, I went ahead and warrantied it. I had to drill and tap the new box for the hydro assist and got that done on thursday night. In the course of tapping it, the worm gear came partially out. I stuck it back in and hoped the balls didnt get ****ed up, but they did. When I installed it, there was a severe pop in the middle of the steering stroke. The old box had a minor pop at a random point in the stroke and it failed, so I knew this wasnt gonna work. I took it back out today and tore the box apart completely. Nothing was completely ****ed so I put it back together, got it installed and all is well now. I guess one or a few of the balls were dislodged and ****ing everything up.

Now I need to figure out what to do about the stripped torque converter bolt. When I put this trans in I stripped on of the three 3/8" bolts holding the flex plate to the converter. My options are helicoil it back to 3/8 or tap it out to 7/16. I dont know if there is enough metal surounding the hole to helicoil it though. I really dont want to pull the transmission to fix it one way or the other though. One other idea I had was to get a piece of 3/8 B7 allthread (or even just use a portion of G8 bolt) and thread it in softlyand bottom it out in the hole, then tack-weld it in and put a nut on the other side. There is enough metal that the heat shouldnt fubar the TC too much, but it sounds hella ghetto. I am leaning that direction though.
    On the 8th day god created the Super Swamper TSL and said "go forth and kick ass"

i would use the piece of bolt and tack it in. Just what i would do
    Quote Originally Posted by afroman006
    Creighton, you have done stuff with that jeep that would make a goat go "holy ****!"
    So driving by brail is why your jeep looks the way it does eh?

Quote Originally Posted by AggieTJ2007 View Post
    i would use the piece of bolt and tack it in. Just what i would do
    Okay, now that you have Creighton's opinion. . . . . do the opposite.
    Quote Originally Posted by jerryg79 View Post
    i dont speak australian.
    Quote Originally Posted by jerryg79 View Post
    seacrest, you are my hero!

My opinion is good Rowdys opinion would be tick a zip tio in the hole and impact the bolt in place its like a nylock in the bolt hole
    Creighton, you have done stuff with that jeep that would make a goat go "holy ****!"
    So driving by brail is why your jeep looks the way it does eh?

if you dont want to pull the converter, make sure the other bolts are properly torqued and forget about it. you wont be making it any better by kludging a fastener in there.

There are only 3 bolts total. Ditching one is unsettling. Is that SOP for working on helos?
    On the 8th day god created the Super Swamper TSL and said "go forth and kick ass"

no, we dont strip out fasteners. if we do, the part gets replaced or properly repaired. we damn sure dont weld in some grade zero all-thread and call it good.

i missed the part about "three 3/8" bolts" ...so, you're telling me that you have a 3 bolt converter behind a 496ci big block and you've been wheeling it with one stripped TC bolt and now you're worried about fixing it. remind me to recommend to the marine corps that you never become a maintenance officer.

The torque converter is from a 454 application, but I was suprised that it only came with 3 bolt bosses. I couldnt afford to buy any fancy aftermarket converter at the time so the generic parts store unit was installed. You do know that I have kludged together internals (clutches, bands, etc.) from THREE different transmissions to make my perfectly functional current one, right?

Thats fine, I dont want to do maintenance. I want to blow **** up

What transmission is in it? Does it have a full lower dust shield or the ghey little window of the removeable bellhousing models?

Plain ol' TH400. It has a full dust shield. Havent seen this ghey little window version you speak of.

Quote Originally Posted by Sharpe View Post
    Plain ol' TH400. It has a full dust shield. Havent seen this ghey little window version you speak of.
    maybe its only on the 4L60E. I dont know what an 80 looks like. Never looked at it on my truck.

this is what i have to deal with on the Jeep.

Ah, around 2003 GM switched to that bellhousing on the 4L60E and 4L80E. This is part of the reason I cant find any F'king 4L80E dust covers...

True Hollywood Stry
    Couldn't you just get a new House brand conveter so that you can hopefully end your transmission problems or are they to much coin? Thanks for the kickass deal on the serp setup!
    He who dies with the most **** wins, after seeing your collection you are in the lead no doubt!

Welded the stud in last night, works perfect now. The other two bolts were loose, which wasnt helping anything. Loc-tite'd em and tightened em back up and now I'm back in buisness.

I'm MC-Hammer broke right now so buying any new **** isnt really an option.

Flyin' the Hindenburg 2.0 DRAGOONRANCH's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Fredo View Post
    Ask your dad what it tastes like.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyler View Post
    Tell Chris to get it up and I will do it.
    My bitch better have my money...
    Through rain, sleet, or snow...
    My whore better have my money...
    Not half, not some, but all my cash...
    'Cause if she don't,
    I'm gonna put my foot in her ass.