Page 8 of 79 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 18 58 ... LastLast

Thread: Pigpen

shocks are for pansies, and you and I both know that driveshaft fabrication is a 2-hour job

Don't all leaf sprung D60s use that same style spring perch? Do you think that parts store ubolts are grade 8?

awesome progress man
    Quote Originally Posted by Shaggy View Post
    damnit... if everyone is leaving i want my original 15 back... i dont wanna be left with these tools

Quote Originally Posted by uglyota
    Don't all leaf sprung D60s use that same style spring perch?
    yessir

fbronco86
    Quote Originally Posted by bburris
    yessir

Nope fords dont do that

I was just thinking Chevy since that's what the picture was... My bad.

Well I worked on it all day today but didnt seem to get much accomplished. I cranked the **** out of it today but it still wont start, I think it has air in the injector lines, I'll crack and purge them tomorow and see what happens. I cut the ass end of the frame off, lost about 2' including the stock bumper. I started on my rear attachment point, I was going to use the badass pintle hitch from a CUCV truck, but the truck had other plans. The CUCV parts truck I have is the rustiest ****ing truck you will ever see. I **** you not the goddam thing is flaking apart with rust, literaly. All the springs are completely rusted through, the frame is broken in a few spots, all the shackles are toast, it really is a sight to behold. Anyway, it has a sweet ass pintle hitch setup on the back bumper that I thought would be perfect for the trail truck. the pintle is attached to a 1 1/8" threaded shank that goes through the bumper and a y-yoke to the frame and is held on by one bigass nut, so it can spin 360 degrees. Getting the nut of was fairly painless, the the actual pintle was rusted in solid. I soaked it in liquid wrench from both sides and beat the piss out of it with a hammer. I used a 6' length of pipe to try to turn it and got it to more about 1/4." At that point I decided to use the 400 ft. lbs. of fury in the DD. It didnt work, I dragged the truck about 6' and put a hole in my chain link fence. So I said ****it and decided to go with a receiver hitch.
    Attached Images Attached Images    
    Last edited by afroman006; 08-22-2005 at 01:35 AM.
    On the 8th day god created the Super Swamper TSL and said "go forth and kick ass"

shoulda put the blue tip wrench on it
    pintles rock!
    damnit... if everyone is leaving i want my original 15 back... i dont wanna be left with these tools

i wouldnt give up on it just yet, soak it and heat it. See what happens.
    Quote Originally Posted by afroman006
    Creighton, you have done stuff with that jeep that would make a goat go "holy ****!"
    So driving by brail is why your jeep looks the way it does eh?

IT LLLLIIIVVVVEEEESSSSSSS!!! The mother ****er actually started today! I bled the air out of the injector lines and cranked and cranked it some more and when I had given up all hope, it roared to life and my shop went from empty to full of smoke in 10 seconds flat (6000 sq. ft.). The sound is incredible, it is remenescnet of a top fuel dragster. I reved it and reveled in the sounds of succes, the truck's first breath of life in 3 years. I shut it off and got out to check everything out and realized I had forgoten to put the tranny modulator in so there was about 1/4 quart of tranny fluid on the ground. No biggie. I also replaced the power steering pump because it had been leaking really bad, and replaced the rear output seal on the t-case. I would go after the pintle some more but I dont have enough time. I am aiming to arrive in CS on friday and there is a ****load more work to be done, building the exhaust mostly, but plenty of other little ****.
    On the 8th day god created the Super Swamper TSL and said "go forth and kick ass"

Well I tackled 99% of the little **** today. The truck is physically ready to go onto the trailer and move to our new home in the Motherland. I was going to load it up tonight but hit a snag. The ***** wouldnt start tonight. I dont know why, but a few on the injectors were leaking fuel from the fuel return lines, so that was probably it. It sputtered a little bit but I gave up on it. I'm going to get some little bitty hose clamps tomorow and some radiator leak stopper, because it has a pinhole leak in the bottom of the radiator that only leaks when the water is circulating. I am planning on getting to CS tomorow evening, baring catastrophic failure of anything. Here's what it looks like all ready to go.
    Attached Images Attached Images      

aggieblazer07
    looks good

niiiiiice...

You need to do a little saw action on those fenders, though.

Quote Originally Posted by aggieblazer07
    looks good
    Quote Originally Posted by bburris
    niiiiice...
    are you guys seeing the same pictures as I am
    I was ready to give up the Ugly Truck title when I saw those
    Just kidding I likey. hack about 6" off the bottom of the front of those fenders and she'll be right.

that's one Butt Ugly Truck
    Boats and hoes

Stumble in to the liquor store
    With a dollar-fifty for a bottle of wine,
    I know just what I'm lookin for
    Thunderbird will do just fine.

Fenders already hacked. The 56" springs worked out well. They moved the front axle 4" forward which placed the tire in an almost ideal place in the wheel well. The 36's fit with only that front flap needing to be trimmed with approx 4" of lift.

fbronco86
    Fenders already hacked. The 56" springs worked out well. They moved the front axle 4" forward which placed the tire in an almost ideal place in the wheel well. The 36's fit with only that front flap needing to be trimmed with approx 4" of lift.
    You might as well take those front frenders off they are going to get beat to crap.