Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast

Thread: Car Stereo Advice

Chief
    Oh yeah!! New additions to the yetta

2010 VW Jetta - DD, 5 Banger, 5 Speed, 1000 Watts of sound!!
    1979 Ford Bronco Custom - 400/T18/205.. 35" SSRs, 4" lift, Rancho 5000s, 200 watts of sound!!

Teaching America's youth RCcola55's Avatar
    Sound waves are round.....
    Ryan Clarke
    (214)695-7901

Chief
    the square subs sound louder due to the added cone volume
    1979 Ford Bronco Custom - 400/T18/205.. 35" SSRs, 4" lift, Rancho 5000s, 200 watts of sound!!

ill be your pickup man
    You have subs on your backseat?
    92 YJ
    04 F-150 4x4
    11 F-250 4x4

Chief
    haha, was waiting to get busted for that one... I had to remove the back seat to get them to fit into the trunk.

picture was taken when I picked them up and listened to them on the way home, they wouldn't fit with the back seat still installed. guess that's what you get for trying to cram 2 15s into a compact

So I guess the pizzas ride shotgun??
    On the 8th day god created the Super Swamper TSL and said "go forth and kick ass"

Teaching America's youth RCcola55's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Hot Pocket View Post
    the square subs sound louder due to the added cone volume
    As well as increased distortion, that must be why every speaker company makes a square speaker.

With as much money as make you should be able to afford a trunk full of W7's or ID Max's
    Ryan Clarke
    (214)695-7901

I would rather have 1 12" w7 than two of those
    Quote Originally Posted by Sharpe View Post
    F*ck off cj.

Chief
    JL audio is overpriced garbage. Having owned both JL and kicker, I am a kicker fan for life. As far as distortion goes, you can hardly tell. And besides, they're subwoofers... it's not like distortion is a huge deal anyway.

When do the underglow lights go on?
    On the 8th day god created the Super Swamper TSL and said "go forth and kick ass"

JL audio is overpriced garbage. Having owned both JL and kicker, I am a kicker fan for life. As far as distortion goes, you can hardly tell. And besides, they're subwoofers... it's not like distortion is a huge deal anyway.
    yeah you can hardly hear the distortion over the trunk lid rattling
    Quote Originally Posted by afroman006
    Creighton, you have done stuff with that jeep that would make a goat go "holy ****!"
    Quote Originally Posted by afroman006
    So driving by brail is why your jeep looks the way it does eh?

Having owners properly powered and boxed JL and Kicker stuff I can say I strongly disagree with this statement.

Chief
    Quote Originally Posted by AggieTJ2007 View Post
    yeah you can hardly hear the distortion over the trunk lid rattling
    surprisingly nothing really rattles... other than your head

Quote Originally Posted by FJAggie07 View Post
    Having owners properly powered and boxed JL and Kicker stuff I can say I strongly disagree with this statement.
    We probably have very different "habits" as far as sound systems go. I assume you don't actually push your speakers, and hey more power to you. But JL audio speakers are great when they're working. The sound quality is almost unmatched. But play them hard and they won't last. I can abuse my kickers like a redheaded stepchild and they'll stand up to it all day long. And when I don't want to be obnoxious about it, they sound great at the lower volumes too. It's a versatility thing in my opinion.

surprisingly nothing really rattles... other than your head

We probably have very different "habits" as far as sound systems go. I assume you don't actually push your speakers, and hey more power to you. But JL audio speakers are great when they're working. The sound quality is almost unmatched. But play them hard and they won't last. I can abuse my kickers like a redheaded stepchild and they'll stand up to it all day long. And when I don't want to be obnoxious about it, they sound great at the lower volumes too. It's a versatility thing in my opinion.
    You may be right, I don't ever roll my windows down when I have my music "cranked". I try not to be annoying with my music. I don't feel I have the right to make other people listen to my kind of music while they rock out to their Celine dion. All that being said, I like a lot of rock and Texas country, resulting in liking crisp clear bass. I have owned various w3's and a w6 and that is what they give me. I currently have all kicker speakers and one ten in the firetruck and the bass just comes off sloppy. But I didn't spend big bucks on the firetruck because it isn't the definition of secure.

if you have a good enough sub you don't need to roll the windows down

bass nectar for everyone