Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4

Thread: Adding to the Fleet

Shaggy
    damn i get nowhere near 475 in mine... i hardly ever get 300... and mine is a 2wd with a 21-22 gal tank... i put it to the floor almost half the time though... i miss having a big v8... i need to get the one in the garage going

Fresh Cope, It Satisfies! StevenAg03's Avatar
    i can get a cool 400 out of my 20 gall tank and thats with the a/c on and cruisin at 80....i can get closer to 425 with the a/c off and speeds between 70-75
    Steven W
    02 Dodge 2500
    82 CJ-7 - sitting in a field...

"....Your theory is f*cked up like a football bat...."

aggieblazer07
    I get about 200 around town, and up to 300 on the highway

Quote Originally Posted by tigweld
    i'd have one if they were D60 front.

yeah, because everybody should be able to wheel the piss outta their $43,000 truck.

long beds get the bigger tank Jerry, I think Pops gets around 600 mi w/ his. I get about 520+ in my burb (42 gal) w/ a 454. long bed/crew cabs ride better too.~longer wheelbase

Quote Originally Posted by Graystroke
    long beds get the bigger tank Jerry, I think Pops gets around 600 mi w/ his. I get about 520+ in my burb (42 gal) w/ a 454. long bed/crew cabs ride better too.~longer wheelbase
    I've only found one long bed and it was cloth interior, and i wants the leather. Plus its private owner which means i'd have to sell my truck instead of jooing the dealership on the trade-in.

I got a second interview with a different company in the woodlands so depending on how that one and the beaumont one go, i may go look at trucks this weekend.
    Quote Originally Posted by Graystroke View Post
    So you loose, I win!

Quote Originally Posted by Graystroke

i heard the longbeds ride rougher. they hit a resonance on the concrete freeways and bridges and buck a lot.

My crewcab long bed rides awsome normaly, but I think you are on to something John. When I am driving over an area with a bunch of small bumps, it start making a wierd ass vibration.
    On the 8th day god created the Super Swamper TSL and said "go forth and kick ass"

I think there is a huge difference between 90's model PU's/Suburbans vs. new PU's/Suburbans. My Sub defintely rides like a 3/4 ton. My Dad's rides like a Cadillac.