Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Relocating Axle

Violentv8toy
    or you can get some hangers, cut the original crappy ones off and reposition and be done with it.

or if you've grown partial to the crappy ones, cut the welds and grind down and relocate and reweld.

crappy ones? Didn't you make them?
    Quote Originally Posted by Shaggy View Post
    damnit... if everyone is leaving i want my original 15 back... i dont wanna be left with these tools

TRDyota
    Quote Originally Posted by uglyota
    crappy ones? Didn't you make them?
    Yes he did. And yes, he knows they're crappy. I still have steel to make new ones, I just thought it would be a pain to get a torch in there. And the one side is mighty close to the gas tank too.

Redrilling the spring perches still might be easier.

TRDyota
    Okay, so I double checked the dimensions from Pirate, and I need to move the axle forwards .5-.75". Figured I would split the difference and call it 5/8".

And, unless I just use a really really big drill bit, I think it would be easier to torch the holes in the spring plates.

Why does your axle need to come forward half an inch so bad?

True Hollywood Stry
    Quote Originally Posted by bburris
    exactly my thinking is half or 5/8 and inch gonna make a whole lot of difference. Why are you wanting to do this?
    He who dies with the most **** wins, after seeing your collection you are in the lead no doubt!

Quote Originally Posted by stx4wheeler
    exactly my thinking is half or 5/8 and inch gonna make a whole lot of difference. Why are you wanting to do this?
    ummm apparently you didnt read above PIRATE SAID SO!!!!! Next will be tauras fans, f150 springs, and what else was it jimmy?
    Quote Originally Posted by Graystroke View Post
    So you loose, I win!

I think Doug said it was an automated-plasma cutter...
    Boats and hoes

Stumble in to the liquor store
    With a dollar-fifty for a bottle of wine,
    I know just what I'm lookin for
    Thunderbird will do just fine.

TRDyota
    Quote Originally Posted by bburris
    Because it bothers the crap outta me! It hurts me eyes big time. And if its a simple fix, and I am already in there to fix my shackles, then it I give it the green light. If its something thats more trouble than its worth, then no big deal. I think this one won't be too bad though. A simple redrill will give me mucho satisfaction.

Do you know how hard it will be to drill through multiple leaf springs with a hand drill? It was a pain to get through one with a drill press for an experiment I started and I still didn't trust it enough to run it...

he's drilling the plate and perch, not the springs. It takes like a half hour. No big deal. Brandon I think it's a 1/2" bit, maybe 5/8" either way I have the right one.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shaggy View Post
    damnit... if everyone is leaving i want my original 15 back... i dont wanna be left with these tools

TRDyota
    Thanks, Eric. Its going to be a few weeks. I'll be giving you a call when the time gets closer, and we can figure something out.