Figured I'd go ahead and start tossing around ideas for the FJ.

Right now the plans are:
Finish power steering swap
new trans and tcase
new wiring harness

Steering:
I'm doing some side work to trade for a new steering box. Gonna go with the standard saginaw setup. Since my column was part of the old box i'm building a new one like a dirt track setup with a quick detach steering wheel. I've also got to build a new tierod to adapt the standard/metric tie rod ends, or build one using heims.

Trans and Tcase:
I'm going with a short powerglide tranny and a Dana 300 tcase. This should give me a short enough drivetrain that I can move the engine all the way back in the engine compartment and still have a decent rear driveshaft without moving the rear axle back.

Wiring:
Gonna start working on a new homemade chassis wiring harness. I need to find a good weather resistant fuse block to start from, should all be fairly easy after that. Gonna finally wire in my ALDL so I can figure out what up with my sometimes crazy idle.

If anyone knows someone looking to get rid a Glide for core, let me know. It needs to be a short tailshaft. Also, does it matter wether I look for a scout or jeep dana 300? I don't know much about them except that I always seem to hear people talking about the Scout one. Is it stronger than the jeep? Are the replacement gear sets the same?