Thread: Trailer parts

aggiemudman

Trailer parts

Got me a little 10' boat trailer to build a smoker on and it needs a little work. Mainly just tires and some new leaf springs. Bearings and all are good. Know anywhere around here to get a set of used tires that are streetable, and what about the springs? Will i have to go to a trailer shop to get some? What you think about making a set of stock front chevy springs fit on there? Or would they be to stiff?

get some rear springs from a chrysler minivan at a jy or use the whole axle and set it up w/ surge brakes- they are strait leafsprung beam axles

TSC sells goobs of trailer parts, try there. For used tires, try Dixie tire in downtown.

I'd think you'd want the springs fairly stiff, don't want that thing swaying all over the road. I'd find some airbags and bag it, then when you roll up to the cookoff you can hit the switch and make the ass drop...imp:
    Boats and hoes

Stumble in to the liquor store
    With a dollar-fifty for a bottle of wine,
    I know just what I'm lookin for
    Thunderbird will do just fine.

aggiemudman
    Quote Originally Posted by Jackasic
    TSC sells goobs of trailer parts, try there. For used tires, try Dixie tire in downtown.
    Wheres TSC?

2818 and texas

Quote Originally Posted by aggiemudman
    Wheres TSC?
    tractor supply company
    Quote Originally Posted by Graystroke View Post
    So you loose, I win!

aggiemudman
    ya i kinda figured that one out after i posted...stopped by there today, but their springs are 25 bucks apiece...little steep for me, ima try and find some used ones somewhere.

there's usually a vehicle to be scrapped at Bryan Iron & Metal....have them cut off hangers and all and pay scrap prices...probably around $15 total
    you can get nice wheels cheap if one was trashed in a wreck. Every pit should have chrome and bags
    Quote Originally Posted by Shaggy View Post
    damnit... if everyone is leaving i want my original 15 back... i dont wanna be left with these tools