Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Need 1997 f150 engine

aggieblazer07
    guess that means I can't buy that Aston Martin I was saving for

Quote Originally Posted by jwingfield2k
    the problem with the existing engine is that it threw a rod and goes clunk clunk clunk. One head from the engine I am buying is bad, so most stuff will come with the new engine i'm getting from this guy, but its not complete i guess. short block was the wrong term to use I guess.

Anyone got an cherry picker I can use for a day to drop this thing in there with?

is the head from the side that threw the rod still good? usually the piston slaps the valves and trashes them.

jwingfield2k
    im thinking its bad, but the engine im buying has a good head on it. so ive got two good ones. if need be, i can buy one for a little over 100 on ebay, no biggy

seems like a waste of time and money. I picked up a running 97 3/4 Chebby of ebay for 2700, bet you'll dump that much into this project.
    Last edited by Jackasic; 06-10-2005 at 07:53 AM.

Violentv8toy
    damn guys.

Let him run with what he's got. it probably would have been nice to give him some input BEFORE he bought the engine?

Quote Originally Posted by Violentv8toy
    damn guys.

Let him run with what he's got. it probably would have been nice to give him some input BEFORE he bought the engine?
    yes
    Quote Originally Posted by Graystroke View Post
    So you loose, I win!

at the parts store, confusing the **** out of the guy.
    well, as you know, wingfield suffers from Autism's kissing cousin known as Chadnutsism. No matter what anybody says, he's doing what he wants and thinks is right. Let's just stay out of it and watch the show.
    "You know, this car is so fast, that giving Corvette owners this car, is kinda like giving an AK-47 to a pysch ward."

-Ron Fellows (Corvette C6R Team Driver)

jwingfield2k
    thanks fredo I need a quick fix for a truck for my guys to use while I'm at school. Its only 1500- no biggy. If need be, I can definately sell this for more than I put into it.

how'd it turn out? did ya get it running yet?

jwingfield2k
    the truck and the engine are in my garage, but im in dallas for a few weeks. ill get it working when im back down in cs

Jumping into a second project before the first one is complete is by far the best way to never finish both. I nominate Wingnut for the "Most likely to never see the trail" Award for 05-?
    On the 8th day god created the Super Swamper TSL and said "go forth and kick ass"

Shaggy
    ummm and how many projects do you have?... and who said i wont get it 2 years running

jwingfield2k
    Quote Originally Posted by Shaggy
    ummm and how many projects do you have?...
    HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

Truer words never spoken!

Two, make the burban stock and the trail ***** badass!
    On the 8th day god created the Super Swamper TSL and said "go forth and kick ass"

aggieblazer07
    you forgot tearing apart all your parts trucks