Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Interesting Ford 6.0L probs

jwingfield2k

Interesting Ford 6.0L probs

Well thankfully I dont have any of these (knock on wood). But heres some good reading on to how these 6l's are trash.

http://www.forddoctorsdts.com/photographs/index.htm

at the parts store, confusing the **** out of the guy.
    and you bought one....congratu****inglations. didn't we go over this already?
    "You know, this car is so fast, that giving Corvette owners this car, is kinda like giving an AK-47 to a pysch ward."

-Ron Fellows (Corvette C6R Team Driver)

ford shoulda stuck with the 7.3 pre superduty

Fresh Cope, It Satisfies! StevenAg03's Avatar
    i think if there are any defects from manufacturing, ford will fix them. At Hausley Communications wheree my cousin works, one of his crews uses a flatbed, 4door F550 with a 6.0l and auto tranny to pull their equipment around with. One of the messcans didnt have the tranny in tow/haul mode and floored it while driving down the highway. i dont know why, but the tranny dropped to first gear. The engine decided it was through and started slinging piston rods all around in the engine compartment. Ford came and picked it up that day off the side of the highway and had it back to them the next day with a new 6.0l.

So in conclusion, if there are truely problems(ie something not caused by extreamly hard wrecks ) the manufacturer will stand behind their product. That goes for all of them cause they ALL have problems.
    Steven W
    02 Dodge 2500
    82 CJ-7 - sitting in a field...

"....Your theory is f*cked up like a football bat...."

Ford to recall MILLIONS.

Faulty Cruise control switch is a fire hazard.

http://www.cnn.com/2005/US/06/16/for...les/index.html

Edit: they already recalled upto a million, but the problem covers over 16 million cars
    Quote Originally Posted by Graystroke View Post
    So you loose, I win!

and I was upset that my wipers wouldn't turn off
    Quote Originally Posted by Shaggy View Post
    damnit... if everyone is leaving i want my original 15 back... i dont wanna be left with these tools

So...uh...how does one know if they are covered?

Quote Originally Posted by Chadnutz
    Go ask on pirate
    On the 8th day god created the Super Swamper TSL and said "go forth and kick ass"

Quote Originally Posted by Chadnutz
    they are still "researching" eventhough they recalled '01 expeditions, navigators, and f150s. the same switch is used throughout, i beleive.

video from ford

http://www.ford.com/en/innovation/sa...iseControl.htm
    Last edited by jerryg79; 06-17-2005 at 02:42 PM. Reason: 16 in the clip and one in the hole nate dogg is about to make some bodies turn cold
    So you loose, I win!

at the parts store, confusing the **** out of the guy.
    hey, at least the bedcasting is safe.
    "You know, this car is so fast, that giving Corvette owners this car, is kinda like giving an AK-47 to a pysch ward."

-Ron Fellows (Corvette C6R Team Driver)

Johnny, here is what you do. Cause an electrical fire on or near the brake switch. Truck burns to the ground, you are done with it, you get a new truck. And just for ****s and giggles get another exactly like yours so we can see if the infamous leak is indeed a widespread defect or a result of your train sodomy.
    On the 8th day god created the Super Swamper TSL and said "go forth and kick ass"

jwingfield2k
    Ha, ermm... So a Ford Rep calls me the other and tells me Ford upset I pressed legal action against them (if ford could make a truck right they wouldnt have these problems). And I told them I pressed legal action against Ford because they werent helping me at all with my problems, and its already been in the shop for 30 days and they still couldnt fix the issue. So I asked him if they would extend my warranty, and he said no because I've doing all this legal stuff. So I said, "Well if I stop will you extend my warranty?"
    So he said if I stop pressing legal action agains Ford then they'll extend my warranty. Easy Enough.

I think I'm gonna sell this truck. It's worth what I owe on it right now, so if I can sell it for what its worth then I won't lose that much money. We'll see.

REDONE, the previous post was like 5 different thoughts pressed into one sentence:-\ I just posted it right after I got back to Dallas from CS, nap time for me.
    Last edited by jwingfield2k; 06-19-2005 at 08:33 PM.

what? Do you mind retyping that in english?

Paragraphs like that make the baby Jesus cry.
    So you loose, I win!

You know there's such a thing as a lemon law in our great state, right?

If it's Ford's problem they'll give you a new truck and haul that POS away. If your problems are a result of the 400-ton steel enema you gave your truck then suck it up and deal with it.