Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Interesting Ford 6.0L probs

Quote Originally Posted by bburris
    400-ton steel enema
    Oh boy, just thinking of a 400-ton steel enema just gets me feeling funny in my swimsuit area (thanks jerry)
    1988 Blazer...RIP

I would love to see the carfax report on that truck.
    On the 8th day god created the Super Swamper TSL and said "go forth and kick ass"

Violentv8toy
    my buddies 6.0 has 25k miles and so far hasn't taken a crap. It gets good milage, is comfortable and pulls nicely. We've pulled my grandfathers backhoe from south tx to colorado with it and have pulled a few heavy loads. They're not all bad.

jwingfield2k
    do you know what year?

jwingfield2k
    Quote Originally Posted by bburris
    You know there's such a thing as a lemon law in our great state, right?

If it's Ford's problem they'll give you a new truck and haul that POS away. If your problems are a result of the 400-ton steel enema you gave your truck then suck it up and deal with it.
    Yes either the problems have the be discovered by 12/mo 12,000 miles for the first 3 repair attempts, or the 24/mo 24,000 miles mark. 3 repair attempts for both of those time frames, or one repair attempt for a major safetey concern. The problem wasnt found before those terms had already expired. In 15-16 months I put 40k miles on the truck.

I dont think lemon laws apply to privately sold vehicles though.
    On the 8th day god created the Super Swamper TSL and said "go forth and kick ass"

Quote Originally Posted by jwingfield2k
    Ha, ermm... So a Ford Rep calls me the other and tells me Ford upset I pressed legal action against them (if ford could make a truck right they wouldnt have these problems). And I told them I pressed legal action against Ford because they werent helping me at all with my problems, and its already been in the shop for 30 days and they still couldnt fix the issue. So I asked him if they would extend my warranty, and he said no because I've doing all this legal stuff. So I said, "Well if I stop will you extend my warranty?"
    So he said if I stop pressing legal action agains Ford then they'll extend my warranty. Easy Enough.

I think I'm gonna sell this truck. It's worth what I owe on it right now, so if I can sell it for what its worth then I won't lose that much money. We'll see.

REDONE, the previous post was like 5 different thoughts pressed into one sentence:-\ I just posted it right after I got back to Dallas from CS, nap time for me.
    I prefer Afrochick's idea of lighting it on fire better. Of course whether or not you are in the truck is up to you, I think you know my vote though
    Quote Originally Posted by Graystroke View Post
    So you loose, I win!

jwingfield2k
    Quote Originally Posted by afroman006
    I dont think lemon laws apply to privately sold vehicles though.
    Lemon law does not apply to privately sold vehicles, you're right robert. But I got mine from a dealer. I need to talk with a lawyer to see what my options on are this lemon law thing. A little oil leak isnt going to hurt anything, but it'd be nice to get a new truck, knowing its past history. And on my driving record it doesnt record that accident at all, (just had to get a copy for a speeding ticket the other day). It was a criminal tresspassing fine instead.

knowing it's past history!? that you put it through
    Quick question: would you describe your feces as having an odor or aroma?
    Quote Originally Posted by Shaggy View Post
    damnit... if everyone is leaving i want my original 15 back... i dont wanna be left with these tools

Violentv8toy
    his is an 04. while i know that they were supposedly "fixed" in 04...thats your fault....shoulda waited for the 04

Jerry, eat me. Johnny, I thought y'all were talking about the lemon laws in reference to selling it, so if you do manage to pawn it off on someone, they cant do anything about it. Also, while the accident may not be on your driving record, carfax uses insurance records, so good luck with that

jwingfield2k
    Ford called me today and told me that want to make 2 months car payments on the thing for the times its been in the shop. That's $1348.86 in cash they are shelling out to my lending company. I think they are aware of the problems with these 6.0's, or do they just like giving away money?

Take money, sell truck to carmax, cut losses.

Oh and I'd tell them to make the check out to me not the lending company....especially if they are "reimbursing for time the truck was down"
    So you loose, I win!

jwingfield2k
    Thinking about it. Or taking the money, and then going lemon law on it after I get the money.

Just looked up the current values for the truck in the condition its in...

Trade in to carmax: $25,000
    Private Party Value: $28,000
    Retail value: $33,500

I'd lose about 5k if I sold it, I'm gonna look for other options. But for now I'm gonna take that money from Ford.
    Last edited by jwingfield2k; 06-21-2005 at 10:30 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by jwingfield2k
    Thinking about it. Or taking the money, and then going lemon law on it after I get the money.
    you dont think taking the money would qulaify as a settlement, I bet they make you sign something that says the issue is "resolved" when you cash the check.
    So you loose, I win!