Page 23 of 26 FirstFirst ... 13 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 LastLast

Thread: Yankee Whiskey AKA: USS Get Drunk and Wakeboard AKA: King Ding A Ling of Lake Bryan

The spaciousness of a 19' boat goes away real quick when you put a bigass motor and transmission right in the middle of it. It's going to be a pain in the ass to take more than 4 out, but I knew that. I'd still rather have this than an inboard/outboard in the same price range. Inboards are way cooler.
    Boats and hoes

Stumble in to the liquor store
    With a dollar-fifty for a bottle of wine,
    I know just what I'm lookin for
    Thunderbird will do just fine.

Quote Originally Posted by BMFScout View Post
    The spaciousness of a 19' boat goes away real quick when you put a bigass motor and transmission right in the middle of it. It's going to be a pain in the ass to take more than 4 out, but I knew that. I'd still rather have this than an inboard/outboard in the same price range. Inboards are way cooler.
    now to get someone to go all the way around the boat on waterski's, wakeboard, whatever

Sounds bad ass even with these little speakers.
    1988 Blazer...RIP

at the parts store, confusing the **** out of the guy.
    yeah, we need to get a full throttle video, but the half or whatever amount of throttle that was used, it was all I could do to hold on with one arm to keep from sliding back on the bare floor into the engine while filming.. It'll be a lot more fun to try a WOT launch with an engine cover and seats.
    "You know, this car is so fast, that giving Corvette owners this car, is kinda like giving an AK-47 to a pysch ward."

-Ron Fellows (Corvette C6R Team Driver)

Quote Originally Posted by Fredo View Post
    yeah, we need to get a full throttle video, but the half or whatever amount of throttle that was used, it was all I could do to hold on with one arm to keep from sliding back on the bare floor into the engine while filming.. It'll be a lot more fun to try a WOT launch with an engine cover and seats.
    who needs seats? Now you need 15 scantily clad women doing the ski pyramid thing from the 80's!
    1988 Blazer...RIP

test run was successful. the four man crew of fred, ryan, flem and me braved lavon today. mom and dad ran the shore crew. ran like a striped ass ape and sits LOW in the water. had a prop shaft seal leak, but I think they all do. pics later when I get back to the house. Great success!!
    Another advantage of the wedge vs. ballast. Doesn't weigh the boat down.

I know the malibu has a slight prop shaft leak. I think the tige had one too.

The closed bow will make the boat safer than it seems in rough water. You foam fill much?

You only want three people anyway. One driver, one observer and someone at the business end of the rope. Even with a tower, you really don't want people in the back blocking the view of the observer.

To solve the people carrying capacity, get an old pontoon boat and convert it into a party barge. Even a little 20hp motor would be good enough to put put out to the ski area with the entire Swedish Bikini team. Use the ski boat for boarding and beer runs.

-Mark
    Just when you though it was safe to go back in the water...

Quote Originally Posted by mark View Post
    You only want three people anyway. One driver, one observer and someone at the business end of the rope. Even with a tower, you really don't want people in the back blocking the view of the observer.

To solve the people carrying capacity, get an old pontoon boat and convert it into a party barge. Even a little 20hp motor would be good enough to put put out to the ski area with the entire Swedish Bikini team. Use the ski boat for boarding and beer runs.

-Mark

That, kids, is why they pay him the big bucks.
    BDR

sprayin' the house down CheapJeep's Avatar
    That's awesome Jimmy, I'm liking the boat. If you ever bring it down to CS or Conroe I'll have to come out and ride behind it.

Looks like it would throw a pretty good wake without ballast since it sits lower in the water plus the weight of the engine. The A&M Wakeboard Team/Club boat is an 81 Ski Nautique with a 351w and a few hundred pounds of ballast. It's a small boat but once you put a bunch of people in it you really don't need ballast or else the wake is ridiculously huge.
    1974 CJ5-The BarnBurner

Quote Originally Posted by stx4wheeler View Post
    Robbie is the Charlie Daniels of the super swamper.

I's going to have ~300#'s integrated into the back seat of water/tank. I also have a couple fat sacks I can fill if there aren't as many people. I think it will do fine. I'm ready to rip it up behind it though.
    Boats and hoes

We're headed to Mizzou for a week and the interior isn't quite done. In fact the only thing done is the driver's seat. (It's hella sick though) We whipped up an interior tonight so we have something to wakeboard behind and it is choice. house carpet, half of the old interior, etc. The pinnacle is going to be the engine cover covered in tarp material. Oh well, thanks to Grayson and then Flem the pylon extension made it in from Ft. Worth. I'll post pics later mostly of the work St. John did on the seat, it's badass. When the rest of it gets done it will def. be the nicest part of the boat.
    Boats and hoes

Flyin' the Hindenburg 2.0 DRAGOONRANCH's Avatar
    that's just great, and you are going to be sitting your fat ass on it so no one else will be able to enjoy it.

kinda nice to be able to call someone else fatass and not have to worry as much about the 'look who's talking' line come zinging back. :blackbigsmile:
    Quote Originally Posted by Fredo View Post
    Ask your dad what it tastes like.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyler View Post
    Tell Chris to get it up and I will do it.
    My bitch better have my money...
    Through rain, sleet, or snow...
    My whore better have my money...
    Not half, not some, but all my cash...
    'Cause if she don't,
    I'm gonna put my foot in her ass.

boat is running great (knock on wood) the water is colder than a witch's tit though. I've boarded a couple of times behind it, need to work on the wake some more though. we hung a 3X5 Texas flag from the extended pylon to let the missouri *****es know we mean business!
    Boats and hoes

kick ass

Quote Originally Posted by tigweld View Post
    wtf? They put a bazooka sub in a $63000 boat?
    1988 Blazer...RIP