Page 4 of 26 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 14 ... LastLast

Thread: Yankee Whiskey AKA: USS Get Drunk and Wakeboard AKA: King Ding A Ling of Lake Bryan

Flyin' the Hindenburg 2.0 DRAGOONRANCH's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by fbronco86
    You might want to add some wieght in the back of the boat to get some more water displacement.
    I volunteer any spare time I have for this endeavour.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fredo View Post
    Ask your dad what it tastes like.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyler View Post
    Tell Chris to get it up and I will do it.
    My bitch better have my money...
    Through rain, sleet, or snow...
    My whore better have my money...
    Not half, not some, but all my cash...
    'Cause if she don't,
    I'm gonna put my foot in her ass.

fbronco86
    Quote Originally Posted by DRAGOONRANCH
    I volunteer any spare time I have for this endeavour.
    I am sure there will be free beer too

It was made for skiiing so I am not sure how much wake it puts out. You might want to add some wieght in the back of the boat to get some more water displacement.
    Like a couple of fat sacks? I think I might check into a pylon extension too.
    Boats and hoes

Stumble in to the liquor store
    With a dollar-fifty for a bottle of wine,
    I know just what I'm lookin for
    Thunderbird will do just fine.

fbronco86
    Quote Originally Posted by BMFScout
    Like a couple of fat sacks? I think I might check into a pylon extension too.

I think you could red neck it with some barrels of water. I would get some 30 gal drums and fill them up. each barrel would be about 240lbs if you filled them up. I would also have two 1250gph bilge pumps hooked up to them. That would give you about 20 gal per min of fill or empty. I would not wanna get caught in a storm or rough water with that extra added weight.

I think you could red neck it with some barrels of water. I would get some 30 gal drums and fill them up. each barrel would be about 240lbs if you filled them up. I would also have two 1250gph bilge pumps hooked up to them. That would give you about 20 gal per min of fill or empty. I would not wanna get caught in a storm or rough water with that extra added weight.
    screw that, pull the plug until you feel water touching your feet. When storm comes pull the plug and haul ass to suck the water out!

Marc did this at the boat ramp once. Drove away without the plug in flipper. Didn't notice anything until we were getting ready to ski. Flipper had a bilge pump, but it was very small. We just went full speed for a couple of minutes.
    1988 Blazer...RIP

fbronco86
    Quote Originally Posted by Doug Krebs
    screw that, pull the plug until you feel water touching your feet. When storm comes pull the plug and haul ass to suck the water out!

Marc did this at the boat ramp once. Drove away without the plug in flipper. Didn't notice anything until we were getting ready to ski. Flipper had a bilge pump, but it was very small. We just went full speed for a couple of minutes.
    To bad you dont have the flip we could race.

To bad you dont have the flip we could race.
    The flip was pretty fast... I think it would do around 35 or so, maybe a little faster. Didn't we race your dads bass boat that time and it was a little slower.

Jae-Taek say hi!
    1988 Blazer...RIP

This reminds me of my freinds boat. It was a piece of work. It was a aluminum 16' Lonestar w/ a 115 Force motor on it. Holy **** that thing was scary. The boat was a semi-v so it road like a tank at 55+ MPH. we never ran it past half throttle most of the time. It would pull slalom skiers up faster than most ski boats. ..and when you cut you could feel the ass end of the boat moving.....moving a lot to the point you had to counteract w/ the steering. It had lots of leaks too. Riveted old boats sometimes do...some of this could be attributed from 60 mph blast across the lake. We pulled the plug all the time and hauled ass. It had the type of plug in the bottom of the boat shielded to help pull a vacuum. The transom had to be reinforced w/ a peice of 3/8 aluminum plate. It didn't fit on the trailer well...set up real high. We pulled it to the lake w/ his Prelude. When I backed it in the water it was to the door. I splashed myself when I slammed the door. He had one of those dumb coffee can pipes on it. That thing was completely submerged. good times!
    Last edited by Graystroke; 11-22-2006 at 12:49 PM.

fbronco86
    Quote Originally Posted by Doug Krebs
    The flip was pretty fast... I think it would do around 35 or so, maybe a little faster. Didn't we race your dads bass boat that time and it was a little slower.

Jae-Taek say hi!
    Yeah I think we did race. My boat sucks ass I am gonna sell it soon I think.

Tell Jae-Taek Hi for me. Did robert buy a bike yet?

I was being a ****in ******* again. I apologize. My original post states I got a couple of fat sacks and a 8' pylon with the boat. My friend and I did do the bilge pump/55 gal drum in his old VIP back in the day though. It was wicked pissah, except the bilge wouldn't fit in the barrel, so I siphoned it out. True story.
    Boats and hoes

sprayin' the house down CheapJeep's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by BMFScout
    I'm trying to work a connection at Liquid Force, we'll see what happens. I'm pretty decent at wakeboarding already, going to get it going and do that. I'll progress to this surfing business when I have everything else together.
    You ever try wakeskating? Basically a tiny ass wakeboard with griptape and no bindings. The sh1t's wicked awesome....
    1974 CJ5-The BarnBurner

Quote Originally Posted by stx4wheeler View Post
    Robbie is the Charlie Daniels of the super swamper.

That sounds harder and more painful. If anything I will get a roller going and try the wakesurfing deal.
    Boats and hoes

just buy a yacht and you'll get a roller along w/ a mini fridge, a bed for the ho's, a wet bar, a ****ter, and room for 20 people!

Wake skates are cheap and fun, but once you get decent on it there isn't much else you can do. They do skiball from them at the texas ski ranch. It is less painful than wakeboarding because you are not attached to it, so it doesn't catch the water and face plant you or anything.

I would not be suprised if that boat can go 60. My parents had a 19' IO with a 302 that would do 60, but that was well over red line.

It's gone about 45 mph already, but that was on the way home. Let me get it running, and we will see. I still haven't had time to mess with it. Hopefully this week.
    Boats and hoes