Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: Lookinf for a sedaline torch

Hybrid View

jwingfield2k

Looking for acetylene torch

Anyone got one they wanna sell? I just need the torch setup kit, torch, regular, and such, and a bottle of acetylene. Somewhere around 40 cubic foot capacity. Anyone got one they wanna sell?
    Last edited by jwingfield2k; 06-13-2005 at 01:57 PM.

aggieblazer07
    do you mean an acetylene torch?

Fresh Cope, It Satisfies! StevenAg03's Avatar
    i talked to botco and they said they were all out of sedaline....but they had plenty of acetylene....BTW you know that you will also need an oxygen bottle with that as well...
    Steven W
    02 Dodge 2500
    82 CJ-7 - sitting in a field...

"....Your theory is f*cked up like a football bat...."

aggieblazer07
    you can't get out of this one

jwingfield2k
    isnt that what i said...

jwingfield2k
    no i dont need oxygen for what im doing.

please tell us what you need it for...
    Steven W
    02 Dodge 2500

Quote Originally Posted by jwingfield2k
    no i dont need oxygen for what im doing.
    what's that? drowning yourself? You dont need sedaline, oxyjin, or even propain. Just a bucket and some water.
    Quote Originally Posted by Graystroke View Post
    So you loose, I win!

AgDieseler
    He's a huffer.

oh dear, this must be leading up to a great idea.

my guess is "sedaline" injection on a ford 6.0

Quote Originally Posted by robertf03
    oh dear, this must be leading up to a great idea.

my guess is "sedaline" injection on a ford 6.0
    or doing some work on a bed pan...i mean plate.
    Quote Originally Posted by Graystroke View Post
    So you loose, I win!

jwingfield2k
    too funny boys. soldering 2" copper mainline on this old old house's sprinkler system. Old copper line run as the mainline after the doublecheck valve. so old its still got brass hallomatic heads for those of you that know little about sprinkler systems.

And despite yalls beliefs, there is a thing called the bed plate on my engine. since my oil pan is quite large (15 qts for my engine), its wider at the bottom to hold a large quanitity of oil, so the bottom of the pan is wider than the engine block, therefore the bed plate is like an adaptor to mate the two.

No, but I'm looking for a biodiesel co-op to buy fuel for my truck though. My fuel bill is huge.

Quote Originally Posted by jwingfield2k
    too funny boys. soldering 2" copper mainline on this old old house's sprinkler system. Old copper line run as the mainline after the doublecheck valve. so old its still got brass hallomatic heads for those of you that know little about sprinkler systems.

And despite yalls beliefs, there is a thing called the bed plate on my engine. since my oil pan is quite large (15 qts for my engine), its wider at the bottom to hold a large quanitity of oil, so the bottom of the pan is wider than the engine block, therefore the bed plate is like an adaptor to mate the two.

No, but I'm looking for a biodiesel co-op to buy fuel for my truck though. My fuel bill is huge.

you do realize that without the oxygen part...the gas will not be that hot....have you tried using the yellow cylinders of Mapp Gas...you can get them at any irrigation supply house or at Home Depot or Lowes or ect or ect. Mapp gas will work for what you are doing. the temperature of Mapp gas is around 5300*F while propane is around 3900*F and Mapp gas is far superior to acetylene for brazing and it is even better for cutting if used in place of acetylene in an oxy-acetylene setup.

anything else you wanna know about sprinklers you let me know....

EDIT: why are you going to use a copper mainline. i know that you say it already exists, but why not use a compression fitting or somethign of the like to get to PVC. makes noe sence and is far less headache....also where in the hell are you that a house uses a two inch mainline. that is usually reserved for larg comercial jobs.
    Last edited by StevenAg03; 06-13-2005 at 04:45 PM.
    Steven W
    02 Dodge 2500

jwingfield2k
    Quote Originally Posted by StevenAg03
    anything else you wanna know about sprinklers you let me know....
    I appreciate the offer, but my dad has done sprinklers all his life. First off one little bottle of MAPP gas won't do the trick for heating a 2" line at once. It works (used it this morning) for doing half inch lines and 1" lines, but when you do two inch you need to whole pipe to be hot at once, and don't have to wait around all day for it to get heated up.

And he never used oxygen when he had his installation company (now he just draws the plans on autocad). I'm still guessing no one has a tank and torch kit they need to sell, and still as it stands I don't need oxygen for what I'm doing. But if you need any sprinkler help, feel free to ask.

Oh and the house that uses two inch mainline is a house that was built in the 50's (more than likely). Over off of Inwood and NW Highway area for those of you that know the area. Huge lawns, pools, yada yada. The house itself has two water meters. Same area that Ross Perot lives (not something to be proud of that is), but rather large houses.
    Last edited by jwingfield2k; 06-14-2005 at 03:04 PM.

yes I know where your talking about...most all the houses by White Rock Lake have all copper systems...and they are the biggest pain in the ass to repair....

So your dad is now one a landscape architect that draws sprinkler plans up huh? I hate some of those guys cause they are always dicks and think their sprinkler designs always work in the real world like they do on paper and it rarely happens. What company did he work for? My dad is the commercial superintendent of Dallas operations for Choate Irrigation(the largest commercial and residential sprinkler company in the US) and i have my irrigation license and worked for my "step-mom's" irrigation company(not my dads, that would be a conflict of interest) when I'm home so i wont be needing any help...but if you have any questions feel free to ask
    Steven W
    02 Dodge 2500