Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Thread: Lookinf for a sedaline torch

My dad is an Oil and Gas accountant and he used to count pipe, my step-mom is an accountant too, and I'd like to hit her with a lead pipe.

Tell me about the Sinacolas, Wolverton. That is the company in Frisco that called me about a job. I'm not really interested in working for them since they are in dallas, but all the info I could find on them was on TXDOT's site. Do they do heavy/highway as well as residential?
    Quote Originally Posted by Graystroke View Post
    So you loose, I win!

AgDieseler
    Do you see what happens, Larry? Do you see what happens when you **** a stanger in the ass?

Fresh Cope, It Satisfies! StevenAg03's Avatar
    Wingfield you act as if mesquite is a long way from north dallas...also you know that depending on who you are depends on the discount you get from JDL? Im not sure what level you are and you might check into getting it raised for better discounts.

The Sinacolas(formerly known as Sinacola & Son but the dad died so not its just Sinacola) just do commercial construction i believe. i can ask my dad though he would know...he is their personal sprinkler ***** so to speak, and thats a good thing... He said he was at a walk through with them and the superintendant of the job was telling them they were gonna have to repair the concrete where some trucks had driven on it and broken it. My dad said the owner stood up and said [italianmafiavoiceon]I aint fawkin fixin no fawkin concrete. I told that mother fawker to stay off the fawkin concrete...ect...ect[/italianmafiavoiceoff] this is in the middle of a final walkthrough meeting mind you.

my dad had just finished putting in a sprinkler at their headquarters over off of the tollway and 121. Not even a month afterwards they brought one of their trackhoes in and started digging a pond. ripped through all the sprinkler and Putt Choate told my dad to replace it all for free once they were done. Putt makes plenty of money but the sinacolas are such a big client that he wanted them happy.

They are quite the large company...own something like a mile or so of realestate on the tollway from 121 down in frisco.
    Steven W
    02 Dodge 2500
    82 CJ-7 - sitting in a field...

"....Your theory is f*cked up like a football bat...."

Quote Originally Posted by StevenAg03
    Wingfield you act as if mesquite is a long way from north dallas...also you know that depending on who you are depends on the discount you get from JDL? Im not sure what level you are and you might check into getting it raised for better discounts.

The Sinacolas(formerly known as Sinacola & Son but the dad died so not its just Sinacola) just do commercial construction i believe. i can ask my dad though he would know...he is their personal sprinkler ***** so to speak, and thats a good thing... He said he was at a walk through with them and the superintendant of the job was telling them they were gonna have to repair the concrete where some trucks had driven on it and broken it. My dad said the owner stood up and said [italianmafiavoiceon]I aint fawkin fixin no fawkin concrete. I told that mother fawker to stay off the fawkin concrete...ect...ect[/italianmafiavoiceoff] this is in the middle of a final walkthrough meeting mind you.

my dad had just finished putting in a sprinkler at their headquarters over off of the tollway and 121. Not even a month afterwards they brought one of their trackhoes in and started digging a pond. ripped through all the sprinkler and Putt Choate told my dad to replace it all for free once they were done. Putt makes plenty of money but the sinacolas are such a big client that he wanted them happy.

They are quite the large company...own something like a mile or so of realestate on the tollway from 121 down in frisco.
    I know they do some heavy highway, cause they are on the contractor list for TXDOT, and I saw some article about them doing all the work on some tollway or something. Mario Sinacola & sons?

Oh and I think you have to have a potty mouth to be in construction, cause in the 6 months I've been here, I've heard way worse things said at meetings etc.
    Last edited by jerryg79; 06-15-2005 at 08:31 AM.
    So you loose, I win!

Just got done talking to pops...he says that the Sinacolas are mainly an excavating and concrete company, but they do a lot of large scale commercial projects, IE the Shops of Legacy. Ans you are right, Sinacola does do highway, they arecurrently building the new 121 highway right now. He was asking what type of job you were looking into, he may have some contacts there i dont know...

Wingfield, after speaking with him he said that most of his jobs are from your dad with the others being from Tom something or other. He did do Stonebriar and says that your dads stuff is great cause it works in the field. He also said that he would prefer to work on your dads jobs for this reason.

As far as liscens go, the company my dad used to subcontract for before he went to choate was DFW sprinkler Liscens # in the teens and my great uncle is liscens #20....so your dad aint got **** on people i know...

Also on the weathermatic stuff...he said that he doesnt prefer it over rainbird because of availability. However, he feels that before long, they will be at the forefront of commercial irrigation controlers for the reasons you mentioned above, remote controling, onboard valve locater, the weatherstations ability to adjust daily watering cycles based on evaperation rate, humidity, and wind, and the ability to shutdown a station if it is flowing too much water at a given time. he told me that the weathermatic rep brought him into ask him about what he wanted to see on a weathermatic controller.

almost forgot...if yopu have any questions regarding sprinklers let me know..
    Steven W
    02 Dodge 2500

jwingfield2k
    Haha, I think we both know pretty much everything, so we might as well call it even on this. But thanks for the compliment on my dad, he knows his stuff. My dad pretty much designs everything thats worth anything in North Texas, and misc high-end jobs all over the country. He just works downstairs in the dining room-converted to one person office pullin in 6 figures as he sits there in his underwear playing connect the dots on autocad. his job is so easy its disgusting.
    ANYONE CAN DO HIS JOB, but the part that makes him valuable is his insane customer service, and HIS PLANS ACTUALLY WORK IN THE FIELD, unlike all these other dime a dozen hot shots out there charging a buttload for shotty work. I don't mind, cause their half ass work gives me work to do.

As I see your dad has been in for a while too, i just asked my dad and his first license number was #238, but he didnt do some paper work and had to redo his licensing down the road. But your dad definately has him beat by a long shot.

That weathermatic SL1600 with smartline weather station will take over the industry, shoot I put another one of those things this morning, thats 150 bucks right there I made in an hour.

Hey, where did you say you lived right now?

Quote Originally Posted by jwingfield2k
    Hey, where did you say you lived right now?
    And so begins the courtship
    So you loose, I win!

jerry eat a dick...

the liscens numbers were for the owner of DFW Irrigation that we used to work for and my great uncle...i live in Fort Worthless....
    Steven W
    02 Dodge 2500

Violentv8toy
    sounds like yall got alot in common. Why don't yall do lunch and talk about it?

Quote Originally Posted by Violentv8toy
    sounds like yall got alot in common. Why don't yall do lunch and talk about it?
    good call!

might try this out, maybe someone there will know or care about the heated rainbird/weathermatic debate!
    http://forums2.gardenweb.com/forums/water/

That, and my uncle has a pocketknife, but of course you guys already knew that.
    Boats and hoes

Stumble in to the liquor store
    With a dollar-fifty for a bottle of wine,
    I know just what I'm lookin for
    Thunderbird will do just fine.

jwingfield2k
    Just good to talk to another guy whos bankin' the big bucks. Too bad it's about a million degrees outside today, my rates make the heat worth it though.

aight since you like talking about money so much, care to elucidate on the nuances of sprinkler repairman and/or Christian ethics that allow you to charge $250 for a part that cost you $160?
    Quote Originally Posted by Shaggy View Post
    damnit... if everyone is leaving i want my original 15 back... i dont wanna be left with these tools

its about supply and demand...you can do it yourself if you wanna save money. there ar a couple ways to do it...you can go to Home Depot and get a system designed by rainbird with everything there in the stor for you to buy. only problem is its a ****ty system, ****ty heads, ****ty valves, ****ty controler, scheduel 40 pipe, and they will tell you to put the double check right by the water spicket in the front yard. The problem with scheduel 40 is its not needed after the doublecheck and it restricts flow. the other way is to design it yourself(but if you dont know what your doing it will still suck) and then go to a sprinkler house such as john deere landscapes, longhorn, or whickham and buy the parts. only thing is you wont get service if a irrigator walks in(they will leave you and go to them...there are signs posted inside that say this...after all the home owner isnt where they make their money) and you will pay nearly double what an irrigator pays. youll be hard pressed to buy all the parts for a sprinkler at around 200 a zone. my dad charges 250 and thats cheap. FYI if you ever get a bid on a sprinkler and there is tax tacked on at the end, tell them to go jump in a lake, agricultural services are non-taxable and they probably dont have a tax liscens.

you ask what christan morals allow someone to do this? same ones that allow mechanics to charge you $50/hour to fix something, if you were to go and try to buy that "$160" controller, it would be way more then that....
    Steven W
    02 Dodge 2500

There's no tax on any service
    So you loose, I win!

He went to the store specifically to buy that part for that person who was paying him to do that job. If his bill itemized materials I would be pissed if he put $250 when it only cost $160
    Quote Originally Posted by Shaggy View Post
    damnit... if everyone is leaving i want my original 15 back... i dont wanna be left with these tools