Thread: waggy springs on jeeps???

savvyaggie

waggy springs on jeeps???

Hey Jeep guys!!!!!! How much more wheelbase will I get by putting waggy springs, on a cj5???

what about driveshaft length??

steering???

Is it worth it??

I think you're starting out with yj springs on all 4 corners
    Quote Originally Posted by Shaggy View Post
    damnit... if everyone is leaving i want my original 15 back... i dont wanna be left with these tools

True Hollywood Stry
    rear waggy springs are quite a bit longer than that stock cj, rear and front, only problem is that the bolt that holds the spring eye to the frame. hte nut that holds them to the fram is on the inside of the frame, which means you have to take all of the huge ass skidplates off. i dunno what nicks jeep has now though.
    He who dies with the most **** wins, after seeing your collection you are in the lead no doubt!

little less than 2" per corner if you use front springs.

Plan on moving the gas tank. not worth it, 83" wheelbase is perfect.

savvyaggie
    why would I have to move the gas tank, it is only 2"????? the springs are out further than stock and the gas tank is half the factory size(due to no tank skid plate)...

I am talking about using the fronts all the way around...

I just thought that with a 83.5 wheelbase, it could stand to be a little longer for more stability, and you could get a better appoach and depart angles(due to the offset springs).. The waggy springs are 2.5 inches wide right??? same as mine... and I think they are close to the same size, or just a tad bit longer.... be will have to check and see for sure....

I know of a few yj's that have done it...
    Last edited by savvyaggie; 06-23-2005 at 07:06 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by savvyaggie
    I know of a few yj's that have done it...

and they all have gas tank issues. There is about 1" clearance from the factory.

Might be different on the pre 76 tank, but I doubt it.

True Hollywood Stry
    jordan stock waggy front springs are the same length as rear cj-5 springs cause i took my buddy old lift springs from his cj 5 and was gonna put them on the waggy, but i agree with flem it prolly isnt gonna be worth all the work.
    He who dies with the most **** wins, after seeing your collection you are in the lead no doubt!