Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: College Station Inspections

Texas2Wheeler

College Station Inspections

If you're running straight pipes on your truck will it still pass inspection in College Station since they don't have emissions testing?

I wouldnt think so, it still has to have a muffler i believe
    Quote Originally Posted by Graystroke View Post
    So you loose, I win!

Fresh Cope, It Satisfies! StevenAg03's Avatar
    it wont pass in College Station...but if you go to Dixie Tire Co. in Bryan, it will pass no problem...search the boards newb there is a thread on this..
    Steven W
    02 Dodge 2500
    82 CJ-7 - sitting in a field...

"....Your theory is f*cked up like a football bat...."

Quote Originally Posted by StevenAg03
    it wont pass in College Station...but if you go to Dixie Tire Co. in Bryan, it will pass no problem...search the boards newb there is a thread on this..
    Someone said on here the other day that Dixie Tire doesnt do inspections anymore......maybe you need to search
    Quote Originally Posted by Graystroke View Post
    So you loose, I win!

they don't, there is a new inspector Nazi for the county and they decided it wasn't worth the hassel. Quite a few places quite, rather than deal with him.

ill be your pickup man
    The new guy is a dick. I would have passed it when I still worked where I did. You can try Quicker Sticker behind Napa. I heard they pass anytyhing, but I not sure now.
    92 YJ
    04 F-150 4x4
    11 F-250 4x4

dont even think about quicker sticker...they failed me because my wiper blades werent good enough for them...
    Steven W
    02 Dodge 2500

Violentv8toy
    i work at kwik kar on rock prarie and from the overall feeling about inspections around college station, good luck. Even if you're diesel and straight pipe, we won't pass. If your wipers aren't good enough, you won't pass. also, the kicker is that if you live somewhere other than college station, they will tell you to get it inspected in your own county in which the vehicle is registered.

Teaching America's youth RCcola55's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Violentv8toy
    i work at kwik kar on rock prarie and from the overall feeling about inspections around college station, good luck. Even if you're diesel and straight pipe, we won't pass. If your wipers aren't good enough, you won't pass. also, the kicker is that if you live somewhere other than college station, they will tell you to get it inspected in your own county in which the vehicle is registered.
    when did u start working there, i guess there goes my old job

and yes u have to have a muffler and even a cat in a non emissions county, it doesnt have to work though, and u can get it inspected if its registered somewhere other then bryan county, u just have to sign a waiver
    Last edited by RCcola55; 07-23-2005 at 05:08 PM.
    Ryan Clarke
    (214)695-7901

Quote Originally Posted by StevenAg03
    dont even think about quicker sticker...they failed me because my wiper blades werent good enough for them...

I went to quicker sticker a few months ago..they didn't even open the hood, or check my wipers. I was out in under 5 minutes.

Violentv8toy
    started working there the 5th of july.

Texas2Wheeler
    Would they look under the truck for a cutout?

Oh and the 06 registration sticker has your county of residence on it, since mine says Tarrant does that mean that they will reject me no matter what and tell me to go back to Tarrant?...If that's the case, I guess cutouts are out of the question too.

being that its a college town they will let you inspect it there...otherwise you should go to your county of residence...
    Steven W
    02 Dodge 2500

They have to inspect it...your vehicle is supposed to be inspected in the county in which it sees the most use (it's just convenient that Brazos doesn't require emissions)
    glad I got mine before you left John...thanks again
    Quote Originally Posted by Shaggy View Post
    damnit... if everyone is leaving i want my original 15 back... i dont wanna be left with these tools

So I don’t even want to hear you guys complain. I just spent three hours of my life getting my CJ inspected up here in Northern Virginia (NOVA)

The safety inspection is a joke as we all know how unsafe a 20 year old CJ is. But mine passed anyway. They look for things like body lifts, but completely ignore the fact that my Jeep exceeds the bumper height limit by about a foot. They are supposed to check the condition of the brakes. Disks are easy, but rear drums are much more of an issue. The technician briefly considered removing one of my rear tires but decided he didn’t want the challenge. So he asked me if they were OK. Of course they are.

The emission test is a pita. Norm wouldn’t fit on the rollers at one place and I had to go to another. No one knows anything about CARB exemptions, which hurts my cause. But it passed with flying colors.

All that and it costs $48.

I wish Dixie tire would open an Arlington, VA location.

-Mark
    Just when you though it was safe to go back in the water...