Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Moving into the new shop

Shaggy

Moving into the new shop

well i am moving into the new shop/storage... i have already moved a bunch of stuff and built some parts racks for better use of space... but tomorrow i want to move some of the stuff that is a little too heavy for me to move by myself if i dont have to. If anyone wants to lend me a hand for an hour or so please post up or call me... I will be moving the bronco over there maby later in the week or next week... will need more than a couple people to help me put the body back on the frame... i am gonna build a flat tow hitch tomorrow if i have time so towing it wont be a problem just getting that heavy body on... we have always used 6 people... so i am gonna need a few helpers

thanks tater

ill be your pickup man
    im free after 2
    92 YJ
    04 F-150 4x4
    11 F-250 4x4

Shaggy
    ok well i am starting with the small stuff right now but if anyone wants to help me before 2 just give me a call... and if i dont answer leave a message with a number... i busted the screen on my cell yesterday

savvyaggie
    hey tate, I am real busy moving myself and working the next few days before I leave,.... but when you need help putting the tub on, I should be able to run over and help..... so just call me at 9795754161...

Quote Originally Posted by savvyaggie
    hey tate, I am real busy moving myself and working the next few days before I leave,.... but when you need help putting the tub on, I should be able to run over and help..... so just call me at 9795754161...
    same here...well, except for the number
    Quote Originally Posted by Shaggy View Post
    damnit... if everyone is leaving i want my original 15 back... i dont wanna be left with these tools

Jordan, did you get the place on 21? As for moving, it looks like everyone is doing it. We're gonna finish moving into our new house this week. I finally have a garage to stick my buggy and tools into

savvyaggie
    Quote Originally Posted by CRaSHnBuRN
    Jordan, did you get the place on 21? As for moving, it looks like everyone is doing it. We're gonna finish moving into our new house this week. I finally have a garage to stick my buggy and tools into
    no, i am going to rent somewere else for a couple more months, until i find a house.... so i dont have 2 rush into it..

Shaggy
    just a little fyi... it is hot as hell outside... yesterday i drank like 4 gallons of water and today it seems as if i might surpass that

Shaggy
    i worked on the flat-tow hitch today... got it most of the way built... just need to do some more welding on it and it should be done before too long tomorrow... it is a little over built... well atleast i think it is... it is made with 2" square tubing 1/4" wall... and the hitch uses a 2 5/16" ball... rated to 12500lbs... was looking at all the different ones and most were just 5000lbs and hell my bronco is more than that... better be on the safe side

you're not picking it up by the ball

take the parking brake off! didn't learn that drag coefficient thing in physics w/ the 200 lb box on a 30* slope w/ a drag coeficient of X...how much force will it take to move? you know the picture of the box and all the vectors...

the issue is how much force it will take to stop...
    i err conservatively when we're talking about 3000lb of rust and dirt crashing into the back of my daily driver. You only have to lift it 4x each trip and you don't carry it wheelin.
    overbuild it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shaggy View Post
    damnit... if everyone is leaving i want my original 15 back... i dont wanna be left with these tools

Shaggy
    well i dont have to worry about the breaks on it yet because they are not hooked up... and your funny if you think my bronco only weighs 3000lbs... maby right now without the body on... it weighed over 7000lbs back when i had the 9" and ttb and now i have 10.25 dana60 and 40"s i think it might get heavier

Shaggy
    but i am gonna finish building it today... who wants to help lift the body on sometime late this afternoon or early this evening

Shaggy
    we have always used 6 or more to lift it... it takes atleast that