Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: dodge ram 1500

sldghmmr08

dodge ram 1500

There are a few things I want to do to my truck and was wondering if someone could help me. I will pay you a fair amount too. If you know about dodge really well I'll pay you more. thanks
    Last edited by sldghmmr08; 07-27-2005 at 12:14 AM.

what are you wanting to do?

sldghmmr08
    I want to put a small lift on it, install a system with a better deck b/c mine blows, and put exhaust on it

I hear the 218 crew is gettn pretty good at body lifts
    What kinda lift are you putting on? You were talking about suspension before. Find a detailed writeup on the install and we'll see if we think we can do it. Then see if someone volunteers a driveway and set the date. Don't worry...you'll have plenty of volunteers
    Quote Originally Posted by Shaggy View Post
    damnit... if everyone is leaving i want my original 15 back... i dont wanna be left with these tools

Shaggy
    hell i'll do the lift at my new shop... i could use some money

Shaggy
    oh and i have lots of experience putting in systems too

sldghmmr08
    I talked to my brother and he suggested getting the fabtech 6” suspension lift. He used to have a 97 dodge ram 1500 with 33s and it had a 6 inch suspension. It didn't look that goofy but what do yall think? I mean I want to put enough on there to be able to tell so more than 3 at least. I wanted to get it on before school starts but I’m gonna be traveling back and forth to Houston for some medical reasons the next few weeks so I won’t really have time. As far as the system goes…I don’t really want to spend a lot of money on it considering the lift is gonna cost me 1280. My brother just put some fancy remote start alarm system on his 3500 diesel truck from that store Soundwaves in the mall, so I was thinking about going there. For the people that want to help, I will work around yalls schedules. I know it is a long way off but I figured I would go ahead and get yalls opinions on the lift I want and where to go for the system. I don’t really care where we do it.
    Last edited by sldghmmr08; 07-27-2005 at 01:20 PM.

Shaggy
    well as far as the system goes places like that charge atleast half the price of the equipment to install it... i will do it for way less than that... hell ill do it for about free if it is simple stuff... i have never put on a fabtech ifs lift before but i have all the tools and whatnot to do it so with a little research im sure we can do it pretty easily

with a 6" lif t you would want 35's. your 33's would look small

Teaching America's youth RCcola55's Avatar
    ill be back in town in a few weeks and would be happy to help with both the stereo and the lift, ive done both many times just the same as most of the guys in the club, just PM anytime after aug 11 if u dont have it done by then
    Ryan Clarke
    (214)695-7901

... she didnt mention its a 2 wheel drive, so make sure they even make a lift for it

they do

aggieblazer07
    I should be able to help too

Im down with helping with whatever, and know quite a bit about stereo systems and can help with that also.

sldghmmr08
    okay well I talked with my brother and will and they suggested me putting spindles on my truck that will give me 3 ½ inches and then later put on the lift…giving me a total of 6 ½ inches…however I would rather just put it all on now. I’m not that worried about what it will look like. If I don’t like it I will just buy 35s and not tell my mom…b/c she will **** bricks. Ryan we can do it around then, that’s no problem. More people will be in town then anyway. Tate, could you call me sometime so we can talk about the system. Whoever else has suggestions about a system let me know. My number is 210-416-1869. Thanks guys for helping me out I really appreciate it.