Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Alto

Alto

Aug 13th or 14th?
    Anybody interested?
    Last edited by uglyota; 08-01-2005 at 01:11 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shaggy View Post
    damnit... if everyone is leaving i want my original 15 back... i dont wanna be left with these tools

aggieblazer07
    I'll probably go, I might have to ride along with someone though

Are you sure about those dates? That's the middle of the week. I was thinking of going the 13th or 14th. Maybe you were looking @ september.

My brother in law is coming back the preceding week from a tour in Afghanistan, and he has been itching to go wheeling and for once my truck has a decent chance of being running at the same time he is on leave. He is only in TX for a week or so, so it pretty much has to be that weekend if I am going to be able to take him. I'm down for Alto, Gilmer, or anywhere else we can make a (long) day trip out of.
    Last edited by 8Runner; 08-01-2005 at 05:55 PM.
    Thanks,
    Chris Scotti
    1988 Suzuki Samurai buggy

yes I'm sure about those dates
    clean out your inbox
    damnit... if everyone is leaving i want my original 15 back... i dont wanna be left with these tools

any chance of going earlier? I'll be at home in nc then and i'm going crazy its been so long since ive been wheeling. Or up for another trip after the 20th before school starts?

I'm in, pending functional steering

or 4 messcan' manual steerers & a lot more zip ties.

Seriously though, Eric & I are going to be working on replacing my knuckle and converting to Hi-steer at my place on Saturday if anybody wants to join the fun.
    Thanks,
    Chris Scotti

I may be able to swing by and show you'll how to rebuild that greasy pig we call a yota axle, but I gotta work graveyards this weekend, so I may not be able to stay long. Where are you'll gonna be at? And since eric seems to be a wheelin fool, how about trying to make a trip to gilmer a week before school starts. I gotta repair the fire damage and rebuild my front end, but hopefully I will be ready by then

We'll be @ my house, probably starting mid-morning (the earlier the better because of the heat - me thinks).

7701 Gettysburg in Raintree (other side of 6 on SW Parkway)
    Thanks,
    Chris Scotti

Chris, did you ever get your rear driveshaft shortened?
    BDR

No, I was planning on evening out the suspension before doing it. The ass end is drooping a bit and should improve the situation. Did we ever figure out if it was actually hitting?
    Thanks,
    Chris Scotti

savvyaggie
    humm.......I might be willing to go.....but I'll be driving the jeep not towing it.... what do ya'll think???
    Last edited by savvyaggie; 08-02-2005 at 09:21 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by 8Runner
    No, I was planning on evening out the suspension before doing it. The ass end is drooping a bit and should improve the situation. Did we ever figure out if it was actually hitting?
    That was what I saw. Whenever you were crawling up a section at tcc, I saw your axle moving forward, and when it did you PS pump pulley would grind. You didn't have but 1/2" or so for the driveshaft to be able to compress while the truck was at camp, so I'm pretty sure that was the problem.
    BDR

aggieblazer07
    Quote Originally Posted by mudtoy67
    when it did you PS pump pulley would grind..
    that must be why it bent so bad

Quote Originally Posted by savvyaggie
    humm.......I might be willing to go.....but I'll be driving the jeep not towing it.... what do ya'll think???
    RRDH
    I'll be driving the Ugly

Quote Originally Posted by mudtoy67
    That was what I saw. Whenever you were crawling up a section at tcc, I saw your axle moving forward, and when it did you PS pump pulley would grind. You didn't have but 1/2" or so for the driveshaft to be able to compress while the truck was at camp, so I'm pretty sure that was the problem.
    My motor mount bushing were broken out and that was causing it to hit whenever the engine got torqued - perhaps the driveshaft bottoming out broke the mounts? Regardless, when we clamped down the mounts, the problem went away, at least for the short term.

Regardless, if it was hitting then I should shorten it. How do I tell how much? Anybody know how this affect the Tom Woods lifetime warranty deal? I think someone reccomended Bryan Drivetrain, so perhaps I could even get it done by the Alto trip.
    Thanks,
    Chris Scotti