Thread: Colorado Trail Maps?

ill be your pickup man

Colorado Trail Maps?

I am planning on taking a little two week trip after summer 2 and between fall semeseter up to Santa Fe, NM and SW Colorado. Where would I be able to find a really good map to all the roads and off-highway stuff? Any good trail guide books out there that I could get up at Barnes Noble? I dont have a laptop to take with me, so GPS stuff wouldn't do me much good.

I have checked out 4x4trail.net and colorado4x4.org and both had pretty good info. I really just want to go to see the sights and do the easy scenic stuff, but still go places that 2wd couldnt get me.

Any good trail suggestions in the SW CO area?
    92 YJ
    04 F-150 4x4
    11 F-250 4x4

doesnt usgs have good maps. im pretty sure eric is gonna be the authority on this one.

Violentv8toy
    i have a book. 4wd trails of colorado. its got about 100 trails and it tells you how to get there, what to expect, what rate. You can borrow it if you want it.

these are the best guidebooks. You can pick up a good detailed map at a giftshop up there or Barnes and Noble
    http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg...glance&s=books

sideways again... redcagepatrol's Avatar
    We just got back from that area, let me know if you need any details.

We ran Upper Helldorado and Hells Revenge in Moab,
    Engineer Pass / Cinnimon Pass /California Gulch-Pass / and Poughkeepsie Gulch in Ouray, and a bunch on trails at Avalanche ranch
    Scott, FTAC '99
    '62 Nissan Patrol 4-seat Twisted Customs Buggy
    '89 "CJ-7" - Her trail rig
    '05 Toyota Tacoma 4x4 TRD - her daily driver...
    '08 Dodge 2500 Mega Cab 6.7 Diesel 4x4
    scott.schubring@williams.com

The office sucks - I wanna go wheeling!

there's an atlas (delorme maybe) that is about the size of a US atlas for each state, and has every FS road, dirt road, j**p road, etc on it. It has like red corners on the cover and a picture of a usgs topo on the front. I know that at least the CO one is good.
    John if you're not planning on wheeling, head to the Pagosa area and hike up to some waterfalls. Learn to flyfish and hike up to a high lake and catch some wild cutthroats
    if you've never been to Moab it's like 3 hours out of the way. Go.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shaggy View Post
    damnit... if everyone is leaving i want my original 15 back... i dont wanna be left with these tools

ill be your pickup man
    Cool, I foudn teh delorme atlas today at Barnes. Good topo map, but not has detailed when it comes to the trails and stuff.

I checked out the Amazon link and they had several differnt good books. Ordered one,should be here in a few days.

I have been to Pagosa a couple times, but only in January, so it should be cool to see it without all the snow.

Thanks for the help.
    92 YJ
    04 F-150 4x4
    11 F-250 4x4