Thread: a/c blower problems

a/c blower problems

what hs broken when my in-cab fan won't turn on. It was intermittent for a while but now won't do anything. Is the switch bad, is there a blower resistor that goes out on these, are the brushes on the fan worn? Thanks in advance
    97 gmc sierra z-71
    Quote Originally Posted by Shaggy View Post
    damnit... if everyone is leaving i want my original 15 back... i dont wanna be left with these tools

I killed the switch on mine once while doing a booty fab stereo install. Accidentaly had the battery connected while doing some final adjustmens and a hot wire hit the circuit board on the back of the switch. Nothing would turn on though. Dogget sold me the whole "new" 3-switch panel for $25.
    Quote Originally Posted by Graystroke View Post
    So you loose, I win!

what do you mean nothing would turn on? The whole panel was dead, or just the a/c switch panel? That's easy to get to, isn't it? Just pop the trim off and screws should be visible?
    damnit... if everyone is leaving i want my original 15 back... i dont wanna be left with these tools

Does it work on High or not at all? If it works on high then I would go for the blower resistor, I think it's mounted on the pass side under dash. If it doesn't work on high then you'll prob need to pull it apart and do some checking around with a voltmeter to see if you're getting power to the switch, getting power out of the switch to the resistor, and out of the resistor.
    BDR

sideways again... redcagepatrol's Avatar
    my Dodge only blows out of the defrost locations now - happened somwhere between Moab and Ouray. Made for a crappy ride home.

The AC works but it just doesn't blow out of the main vents. Any suggestions?

Sorry to hijack the thread
    Scott, FTAC '99
    '62 Nissan Patrol 4-seat Twisted Customs Buggy
    '89 "CJ-7" - Her trail rig
    '05 Toyota Tacoma 4x4 TRD - her daily driver...
    '08 Dodge 2500 Mega Cab 6.7 Diesel 4x4
    scott.schubring@williams.com

The office sucks - I wanna go wheeling!

No worky at all. I also have been having problems where it was slow or intermittent switching between vents. Maybe related? Maybe the whole switch panel's toast? Gotta fix this before I can hook up the a/c

fbronco86
    Quote Originally Posted by redcagepatrol
    my Dodge only blows out of the defrost locations now - happened somwhere between Moab and Ouray. Made for a crappy ride home.

The AC works but it just doesn't blow out of the main vents. Any suggestions?

Sorry to hijack the thread
    Does your truck uses vaccum to operate the doors that control the air locations? Some diesels use electric solenoids I have a vaccum pump on my truck to run all my fun stuff like that.

sideways again... redcagepatrol's Avatar
    I think it uses a vaccum to actuate it but I'm not sure. I checked the vaccum lines in the engine compartment from the pump and they all looked good.
    Scott, FTAC '99
    '62 Nissan Patrol 4-seat Twisted Customs Buggy
    '89 "CJ-7" - Her trail rig
    '05 Toyota Tacoma 4x4 TRD - her daily driver...
    '08 Dodge 2500 Mega Cab 6.7 Diesel 4x4
    scott.schubring@williams.com

The office sucks - I wanna go wheeling!

Quote Originally Posted by redcagepatrol
    I think it uses a vaccum to actuate it but I'm not sure. I checked the vaccum lines in the engine compartment from the pump and they all looked good.
    TDR link

More

seal kit

more

there are 14 pages of this... Looks like scotty could use a membership to TDR

Membership
    1988 Blazer...RIP