Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: one or two employees

jwingfield2k

one or two employees

Im gonna test out the college station landscaping stuff this fall. 10/hr to pass out fliers. (100 hours in an hour, get 10 cents a flier to pass em out) )and no you cant just dump them all in a trashcan and tell me you put them out).

sometime in the very beginning of september.

Quote Originally Posted by jwingfield2k
    Im gonna test out the college station landscaping stuff this fall. 10/hr to pass out fliers. (100 hours in an hour, get 10 cents a flier to pass em out) )and no you cant just dump them all in a trashcan and tell me you put them out).

sometime in the very beginning of september.

$10/hr x 100hr/hr + commission = im putting in my two weeks at the wind tunnel and making a career of passing out fliers.

best of luck with that, are you planning to mow, irrigate, or install?

With math skillz like that, Brandini'll run him outta town in no time

Long live Texas Limited
    Quote Originally Posted by Graystroke View Post
    So you loose, I win!

maybe you can hire Brandon...(I kill myself...)
    Boats and hoes

Stumble in to the liquor store
    With a dollar-fifty for a bottle of wine,
    I know just what I'm lookin for
    Thunderbird will do just fine.

heck for a low, low fee i'll sell you my lawn biz, landscaping is starting to consume my time.

jwingfield2k
    i meant to say 100 houses in an hour. so 10 cents a house. umm, im thinking about just doing landscape and irrigation install. i dont think i want the commitment to do maint since i go back and forth alot bw dallas and cs, plus i dont have another truck to keep in cs (yet).

oh and where are the yards youre thinking about selling, and what sq footage are they??

The yards are all over town, the biz requires a 2 man crew working 40+ hours a week. I could even round up a driver and worker for you. PM me for more info.

If you want to do landscapeing, i would recomend advertizing on the radio, American Classifieds, or the Beagal. Door hangers are going to be a waste of time as they won't hit your target demografic. Give me a call and I'll be glad to point you in the right diriction.

jwingfield2k
    youll be hearing from me shortly. youre right i do need advice for the college station market, that city plays by a completely different set of rules than dallas.

everything you need to know is scratched into a shredded, wrinkled, faded piece of a college station map in the glove box of the old work truck. Like the map to Eldorado...
    I could take you there for a fee but we would have to drive around in circles for a while en route to each house
    Brandon how could door hangers not target the right demographic? You hang them on houses that look like they're non-students needing yard work
    Quote Originally Posted by Shaggy View Post
    damnit... if everyone is leaving i want my original 15 back... i dont wanna be left with these tools

aggieblazer07
    go into Davido's neighborhood. That's where the fancy people live

two ways, for yard work you are just going to get the bottom of the market who are not going want to spend much money (proportionaly-bad margins and absolute dollor) and who are going to be high maintenace. For landscaping/irrigation, most of that is done at the time of new home construction so that is controled by the builder. Very few people don't have/need irrigation in an older home and most don't want to spend money on the landscaping.

That one moment they do want to spend money, the look it up the paper, ask friends, or some form of other non-dirict marketing. The cance of catching someone at the moment they are ready to buy, via door hangers, is pretty rare.

Best thing to do is to look who already buys these services and to find out when/where they do it. That is where I get my refreals from, builders I have delt with in the past or from comercial job that I know are coming up.

after you put out hangers go back the houses at night spraying round-up and driving through flower beds.

Quote Originally Posted by agjohn02
    after you put out hangers go back the houses at night spraying round-up and driving through flower beds.
    Now that is marketing
    Quote Originally Posted by Graystroke View Post
    So you loose, I win!

wait, werent there some posts here about my english and me using drugs? did they get moderated? i just wanna clear something up. i got my wisdom teeth out friday, im not just some doper.