Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: new pictures of Gregs jeep

Krawler68
    Scott is Gay...
    Last edited by Krawler68; 09-18-2002 at 08:19 AM.

sideways again... redcagepatrol's Avatar
    Don't make me kick your A S S this weekend Dougiepoo
    Scott, FTAC '99
    '62 Nissan Patrol 4-seat Twisted Customs Buggy
    '89 "CJ-7" - Her trail rig
    '05 Toyota Tacoma 4x4 TRD - her daily driver...
    '08 Dodge 2500 Mega Cab 6.7 Diesel 4x4
    scott.schubring@williams.com

The office sucks - I wanna go wheeling!

Krawler68
    Didn't we do that once already? I think your girlfriend was begging me not to hurt you... that was before a year of working a roustabout and handling a lot of pissy mexicans...

Doug: There can be a whole range of levels of wheeling. In my definition I would include anything from mudding with your high school friends to rock crawling championships. My truck has logged more off road miles that both of your vehicles combined so sit down until you give yourself room to talk. And when you do talk, learn to respond courteously instead of being such a prick.

Scott: I am referring to the new creation. I know his 2nd generation Jeep wasn't the greatest thing on Earth because I saw it wheel. Driving skills do account for a lot but I am almost positive that given your much greater amount of experience than me, I could go more places with his new "Jeep" than you could in your Toy. And I would say that I have a good amount of experience but I still can't get my damned truck to go very many tough places.

Cajun: Portal axles are $$ but aren't they like $10,500 starting from Avalanche? EACH?

Doug, go ahead and smart off...

Krawler68

Re: ...

Originally posted by Chadnutz
    Doug: blah blah blah ... My truck has logged more off road miles that both of your vehicles combined so sit down until you give yourself room to talk... blah blah blah

Doug, go ahead and smart off...
    I really don't think there's anything for me to reply to... you're obviously delusional.

Doug "The Prick" Kiesewetter

Fresh Cope, It Satisfies! StevenAg03's Avatar

Scott: I am referring to the new creation. I know his 2nd generation Jeep wasn't the greatest thing on Earth because I saw it wheel. Driving skills do account for a lot but I am almost positive that given your much greater amount of experience than me, I could go more places with his new "Jeep" than you could in your Toy. And I would say that I have a good amount of experience but I still can't get my damned truck to go very many tough places.

tell me your joking around right....the problem with the yellow jeep was not its lack of potential, but gregs nerviousness. ever since the roll, greg has been really scared to get it awn like he used to. in addition, you prolly couldnt get his jeep started with all your offroading experience...
    Steven W
    02 Dodge 2500
    82 CJ-7 - sitting in a field...

"....Your theory is f*cked up like a football bat...."

Re: well

Why pay someone else to build YOUR rig?
    Its a good option if you don't have the time but have the money. This is especially true if someone else can do it to your standards and more quickly (not sure if Avalanche counts on the second point).

If you build it yourself, be proud of it. But don't hassle others who pay to get things done for them. It wont make your stuff any better.

I personally don't have the time to work on my stuff right now nor the money to have it done for me. But I am getting there...
    Just when you though it was safe to go back in the water...

Krawler68
    you ever get the salary position Mark?

as for paying somebody to build your rig... like mark and willie said... if you've got the money honey, and I ain't got the time, we'll take our **** to the shop and then we'll have a good time...

Cajun: Portal axles are $$ but aren't they like $10,500 starting from Avalanche? EACH?

Yes, they are. However, judging from the other components that were chosen, cost dosen't seem to be the governing factor in parts selection.

Originally posted by Krawler68

as for paying somebody to build your rig... like mark and willie said... if you've got the money honey, and I ain't got the time, we'll take our **** to the shop and then we'll have a good time...
    beautiful doug, rhyming "time" with "time"

Scott: Driving skills do account for a lot but I am almost positive that given your much greater amount of experience than me, I could go more places with his new "Jeep" than you could in your Toy. And I would say that I have a good amount of experience but I still can't get my damned truck to go very many tough places.
    What makes his truck that much more capaple than the Toy???? an inch or so more ground clearance and alot more weight??? I really doubt it. I would love to prove to you that Driving Skill (especially in Rock Crawling) is ALL that matters once you get past 35" tires. I know that with your rock crawling experience and lockers that you would either roll the rig or just not make it up and over the obstacle. 42's spin on rock just like any other tire if it's not in the right place.

Just a reminder, 37" tires on light rigs pretty much always win the competions, not the 44's or bigger
    Scott, FTAC '99

So where is Higgs in all this discussion? It's a nice rig, if i had the chance i would do the same i think. Plus more ***. Just think of the toys you could buy. And Scott -- how is this new frame and body effecting the weight of your rig? All for now.
    Seth

Higgs is not on the forum... yet at least

the new body / frame should be less than the old truck
    Scott, FTAC '99

Originally posted by Krawler68
    Still working in Houston for KBR. But I am flying to DC tomorrow for an interview for a spot in another division.

-Mark
    Just when you though it was safe to go back in the water...

BigRedFord04

Re: Re: ...

Originally posted by StevenAg03
    you prolly couldnt get his jeep started with all your offroading experience...
    ROTFLMFAO....hahahahahaha....cibolo creek....hahahaha....