Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: new pictures of Gregs jeep

Krawler68
    I was just wondering when somebody OTHER than me was going to call Chadwell on the whole "experience" thing...

Scott... I think my Grandmom could make greg's rig go places your ol' toy couldn't go... Hell i bet her Camry could go places your Toy couldn't go...

And I think you should dispell the whole "my old Toy was light" myth...that thing was a tank... you had EVRYTHING on it...and that exo cage weighed it down even more. Maybe it will be light now... but in the past it was mighty chunky for being a Toy.

As for light weight winning comps...let's not get into this conversation or we'll notice a trend in TAMOR of everybody building Sami's... Competition performance is a different animal than trail performance... trails aren't always verticle climbs and v-notches... I would HATE to see some of these lightweight rigs make a day or week of trails in Colorado or Las Cruces...
    The fact is that what we do is different than what they do, and I try not to compare them anymore... I just steal ideas from their shiat... here's to fawkers who experiment with hydro suspension so i don't have to...

hmm?

Did mine not start at Cibilo or was that his? Mine has some sort of ignition problem where when I turn the key it just clicks. You might say it is the solenoid, but I've replaced it. You might say it is the starter, but I replaced that and it came with another new solenoid. It is something between the key and the solenoid I think.

Only once has it failed me no matter how many times I turned the key so I had my ex come give me a good yank with a strap and it roll started.

All very good points. This is another time when I can put my foot in my mouth for spamming my opinions, but I will still put my off road miles up against Dougs. You've wheeled the Bronco what, once? No, neighborhood parks and trees don't count.

And Scott, look at his approach and departure angles, the reliability of the drivetrain, and countless other cool, but overprices mods on it. Both front and rear tires are pretty much behind or in front of (respectively) the chassis and body.

BigRedFord04

Re: hmm?

Originally posted by Chadnutz
    ...so I had my ex come give me a good yank
    I got a good yank too...

BigRedFord04

Re: hmm?

cool, but overprices mods on it
    they're only overpriced b.c. YOU cant afford it...quit bein' jealous, you're smelling the place up

Krawler68
    I would venture to say that my three trips out in my bronco (Moab, Alto, San Angelo) put more offroad miles than your mazda has seen... but I actually wasn't speaking to my trail rig... I have wheeled the powerstroke more than I should which is A LOT (Dunes to Slickrock to Mountain trails to good ol' mud whompin').

As for the other comment... overpriced mods? I imagine they probably cut greg a pretty good deal on stuff seeing as what a good cutomer he is... just because you can't afford them doesn't mean they're overpriced.

Krawler68
    Damn beat me to it Austin... but it gave me this prime opportunity for a pad...

BigRedFord04
    you need to put that pad in your panties

Krawler68
    That was grosssss... ewww

Fresh Cope, It Satisfies! StevenAg03's Avatar

Re: ...

Cajun: Portal axles are $$ but aren't they like $10,500 starting from Avalanche? EACH?
    gregs not getting portal axles so why does the price of them matter....also as far as weather or not your mazda starts everytime has nothing to do with this thread....when i said you couldnt get into the JEEP and start it...i didnt mean your mazda...i meant the JEEP....
    Steven W
    02 Dodge 2500
    82 CJ-7 - sitting in a field...

"....Your theory is f*cked up like a football bat...."

It uses a locker derived from a wrecked UFO, it actually has kryptonite Klutches, and depleted uranium cross shafts, keep your pacemaker away from it and wear lead suits when servicing...
    Boats and hoes

Stumble in to the liquor store
    With a dollar-fifty for a bottle of wine,
    I know just what I'm lookin for
    Thunderbird will do just fine.

Krawler68
    I think ti would have proven to be VERY complicated to go to portals on his basically stock jeep design frame... the tubes are 5-6" higher than on a regular axle and his roll-center would have been crazy high... this is the main reason I decided to avoid portal axles in my research for a HD option on my EB... I would however like to go portal if I ever do a tube chassis buggy.

I don't see why portals on a "conventional" frame would be that complicated. As for a high roll center and COG, these can be avoided by limiting suspension uptravel. This allows for a great deal of controlled droop as well as keeping overall vehicle height low for the sake of stability. The EB buggy in TTC is a perfect example of this building philosophy, and it performs quite well.

Krawler68
    The Eb buggy at TTC also has a notched tube fram that keeps the COG VERY low... the TIBUS K-5 blazer on Mog axles is what I'm talking about and the last thing i want... that thing was forking TALL... Jophn Reynold's EB was about a foot lower than ANY of the other competitiors because of his notched frame design... it allows the axles more uptravel. Another problem on MANY rigs with portals... the axle WILL hit the oil pan if you keep the lift too low...so either move the axle WAYYYY forwards or keep it high...

Notched frame or not, JR's buggy dosen't have much uptravel. Look at the coilovers when it's on level ground, they're nearly fully compressed.

BigRedFord04
    yeah...so there...take that doggie poo