Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Fording Depth

Fording Depth

This got deleted from the other thread:

For those of you that think you can ford 3.5-4' water... I have 36s and I thought my truck was a little too tall...
    Attached Images Attached Images    

I think most of us just put the same numbers down. Its not like they are gonna send a guy out to measure the water depth, and send a truck out based on that number.

at the parts store, confusing the **** out of the guy.
    man, if there is 3-4ft of water on CS, fording it to drive around won't be the only concern.
    "You know, this car is so fast, that giving Corvette owners this car, is kinda like giving an AK-47 to a pysch ward."

-Ron Fellows (Corvette C6R Team Driver)

weight also plays a role in water. especially if its fast moving water. you may be tall enough to go through it but if you dont weigh enough grab a cold one and float down the university river! also big tires will pick you up also. Im sure yall know this but just through it out anyway.
    Clayton Rollins '08
    210-863-1435
    2007 Dodge Ram 3500 4x4 5.9
    1983 Waggy

If university does flood..we're definitely going tubing.

Quote Originally Posted by TexTJ209
    I think most of us just put the same numbers down. Its not like they are gonna send a guy out to measure the water depth, and send a truck out based on that number.
    I think thats the general consensus. I didn't feel the need to run and measure to the nearest tenth.

As for tubbing, I think Texas might be a better path. Start at walmart and take your time over smooth waters till it crosses University and heads down hill into rapids
    "Certainly there is no hunting like the hunting of man and those who have hunted armed men long enough and liked it, never really care for anything else thereafter."

'69 FJ-40, chevy383, sm420, 37's, RedNeckRam
    '08 Tundra SR5 Poser Douche Rig on 35's

just dont bottem out on the dirt mounds on texas or fall into the deepwater ravines of the sewer lines!-or whatever theyre trying to redo.
    Clayton Rollins '08
    210-863-1435
    2007 Dodge Ram 3500 4x4 5.9
    1983 Waggy

Eh, we'll try both! Wellborn too if we've got the time.

tube to the chicken

True Hollywood Stry
    well my tubbing plan will be to start at the hill on holleman and texas, float to the bottom and stop by jack in the box, or maybe even goerge bush where i will have other associates, handing me beverages.
    He who dies with the most **** wins, after seeing your collection you are in the lead no doubt!

Shaggy
    who has tubes

Fresh Cope, It Satisfies! StevenAg03's Avatar
    maybe i should drive the minivan down there....it can go through water between 6'-6.5' deep...below is a picture to prove it...
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Steven W
    02 Dodge 2500
    82 CJ-7 - sitting in a field...

"....Your theory is f*cked up like a football bat...."

Flooding in town is unlikely - maybe a few low lying intersections or underpasses. Bayou's & creeks would overun, but only affect stuff nearby. My buest guess on where help would be needed is in the country or on the outskirts, folks that only have 1 road in and out.

(as much fun as tubing to the chicken would be )
    Thanks,
    Chris Scotti
    1988 Suzuki Samurai buggy

Shaggy
    Quote Originally Posted by StevenAg03
    maybe i should drive the minivan down there....it can go through water between 6'-6.5' deep...below is a picture to prove it...

that's awsome

I hope everybody (scotti) realizes that if you hydrolock your motor or get washed into a curb and roll while volunteering the use of your vehicle, nobody will reimburse you to replace it. Also, one of the most important rules of rescue is to not become a victim yourself, so if this actually turns into a big deal where we're driving across new branches of the brazos to help people without enough sense to leave their trailer in the river bottoms, keep in mind that this is not the time to 'see what she can do'
    Quote Originally Posted by Shaggy View Post
    damnit... if everyone is leaving i want my original 15 back... i dont wanna be left with these tools