Thread: Tires, rims, seats

sprayin' the house down CheapJeep's Avatar

Tires, rims, seats

I need 4 15x8-15x10 5 on 5.5" lug pattern rims with 4-5" backspacing preferably, also need 4 36"-37"TSL's or anything else that's decent. Has to have at least 50% tread left, also I need a set of bucket seats that can withstand weathering that'll fit a CJ.
    1974 CJ5-The BarnBurner

Quote Originally Posted by stx4wheeler View Post
    Robbie is the Charlie Daniels of the super swamper.

Me too
    On the 8th day god created the Super Swamper TSL and said "go forth and kick ass"

DRaf
    I have 5 perfect rims off my 02 Sahara from stock that are pretty nice.... they are 15x8, but i duno if the lug patterns are the same. you will have to let me know if you want them before i Leave austin caue they are Here in Austin with me now. I will sell them to you for a reasonable price.

more than likely they are 5x4.5
    Clayton Rollins '08
    210-863-1435
    2007 Dodge Ram 3500 4x4 5.9
    1983 Waggy

Yeah, all TJ's have a 4.5" lug pattern so no worky worky my friend, besides, I wouldn't put anything stock on the rig cuz I already have a set of original 74 stockers.
    1974 CJ5-The BarnBurner

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/MILIT...spagenameZWDVW
    this is not a bad deal, match with some cheap rockcrawler rims and you're rolling
    Quote Originally Posted by Shaggy View Post
    damnit... if everyone is leaving i want my original 15 back... i dont wanna be left with these tools

Quote Originally Posted by uglyota
    http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/MILIT...spagenameZWDVW
    this is not a bad deal, match with some cheap rockcrawler rims and you're rolling

Yeah, those Hummer tires are usually pretty cheap. There are newer ones too, that are 37x12.50s, and are supposed to behave better on the road, but cost more.

73bronco
    I've got a set of 15x10 aluminum rims that have the right bolt pattern. If your interested I can try to get some pics for you

usmcagg02
    Quote Originally Posted by TexTJ209
    Yeah, those Hummer tires are usually pretty cheap. There are newer ones too, that are 37x12.50s, and are supposed to behave better on the road, but cost more.
    humvee tires are crap. when i was still enlisted i was talkin with the motor-t chief in my reserve unit and he explained to me that the reason they are so cheap is cause there is alot less quality control put into them since they are often used in a 75% off road manner. alot of times they are very out of round and are very difficult to balance.

but go ahead and spend the money on them if you want, you might get lucky and a few of the decent ones.

Quote Originally Posted by usmcagg02
    humvee tires are crap. when i was still enlisted i was talkin with the motor-t chief in my reserve unit and he explained to me that the reason they are so cheap is cause there is alot less quality control put into them since they are often used in a 75% off road manner. alot of times they are very out of round and are very difficult to balance.

but go ahead and spend the money on them if you want, you might get lucky and a few of the decent ones.

Are you referring to the bias plys, radials, or both?

usmcagg02
    he didnt specify which they were so i cant answer that

Quote Originally Posted by usmcagg02

I wouldn't be driving them on the street daily or if at all, maybe just to meetings. I actually had a buddy back in highschool who ran a set of them and they did great offroad, but he did have trouble getting them to balance and they were extremely noisy due to the heavy side lugs.
    1974 CJ5-The BarnBurner

aggieblazer07
    aren't kopecki's slicks former hummer tires?