Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4

Thread: new 07 tahoe

Quote Originally Posted by tigweld
    valve timing and cam timing are 2 different things, variable valve timing being much more involved. to put variable valve timing the valvetrain would have to completely change, there would be a need for more lobes on the cam or some crazy rocker arms and pushrods. the variable cam timing stuff looks like it could easily be adapted to a cam-in-block design. this is all just my thoughts after learning how the different oem's have done it, they could always come up with some crazy new design that would just blow my mind, but I really thing all this jazz is unneeded on a zo6. the low end grunt that all this stuff brings is already there, 427 cubic inches.

see above post to understand why i was confused. it was BOTH.

Quote Originally Posted by agjohn02
    aha, its was the LC3 in the new caddy STS-V. PIMP.

http://www.popularhotrodding.com/eng...ady/index.html
    it still doesn't change the lift or duration of the cam, only the overlap and timing in realation to the crankshaft, nothing new or groundbreaking.

at the parts store, confusing the **** out of the guy.
    The variable exhaust restrictors on the z06 would probably get dropped of in a trash can somewhere on the way home from the dealer if I had one, seems way to yuppie for my taste.
    Nah, they just need to be fixed so they are in full "muffler bypass mode"
    "You know, this car is so fast, that giving Corvette owners this car, is kinda like giving an AK-47 to a pysch ward."

-Ron Fellows (Corvette C6R Team Driver)

it still doesn't change the lift or duration of the cam, only the overlap and timing in realation to the crankshaft, nothing new or groundbreaking.

maybe not but you cant say that isnt an impressive engine, and variable overlap and cam timing is very ground breaking in a GM V8.

see above post to understand why i was confused. it was BOTH.
    but that's imposible with only a cam gear. if it is I wanna know how the cam gear affects the duration and lift of cam, that's a new one to me.

it doesnt, but as far as GM V8's go, overlap is valve timing, not cam timing. thats why i called it both. its no vtec, but its getting there.

maybe not but you cant say that isnt an impressive engine, and variable overlap and cam timing is very ground breaking in a GM V8.
    the same technology has been available in the trailblazers inline 6 since they came to market a couple of years ago. the 440hp daddy is a very impressive engine, the intercooler tubes are real cool, but caddy had to do something the n/a northstar is kinda a dog compared to the other oem's performance luxury platforms.

the trailblazer is GM's production test stand. they've had DOD for a year already as an option. i foresee VVT in caddies in the near future. its the only platform thats practical to implement it in.

caddy is behind (but catching fast) when you look at the other foreign performace luxury sedans, guranteed new caddy performace stuff will be comming out, should be neat.

at the parts store, confusing the **** out of the guy.
    caddy racing is helping the drive and determination to make the cars better....it doesn't hurt to have two identical CTS-V Race cars ripping everybody a new areshole every weekend in SCCA Pro-Series.
    Attached Images Attached Images    
    "You know, this car is so fast, that giving Corvette owners this car, is kinda like giving an AK-47 to a pysch ward."

-Ron Fellows (Corvette C6R Team Driver)