Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: tires - prices & sizes

tires - prices & sizes

Okay, just doing a little research and dreaming here, in case I can't repair the 36 tsl I flattened on the way home from 47.

Option 1 is just to replace the damaged tire. This is the cheapest option. But who has the best prices on new swampers? (local or on the internet)

Option 2. Sell the remaining three tires, and get a new set. I kinda like this since I want bigger tires anyway (who doesn't?). What kind of tire do I get? Several kinds of swampers (tsl, irok, sx) in the 37-40in range immediately come to mind. But once again, where do I get them for the best price?

What other options do I have for a tire in the 37-40in range with a 15 inch rim? I know there are alot of new types hitting the market, but most seem really expensive. Any ideas?

Where ever you get them, make sure you can get a warrenty so you don't have to go through this again - Discount, 4WheelParts, Tirerack maybe.
    The new PitBull tires look pretty good and have been getting real good reviews but I think they might be a little on the expensive side. Also like the maxxis Mudgrappler I think. Guy back home has a set of 37s and they're a great tire but expensive again. Probably can't beat 37" iroks for price and traction though. I've always like the sx's too, its a challenge to puncture their sidewall.
    "Certainly there is no hunting like the hunting of man and those who have hunted armed men long enough and liked it, never really care for anything else thereafter."

'69 FJ-40, chevy383, sm420, 37's, RedNeckRam
    '08 Tundra SR5 Poser Douche Rig on 35's

you could go for Travis's 38s
    Quote Originally Posted by Shaggy View Post
    damnit... if everyone is leaving i want my original 15 back... i dont wanna be left with these tools

Teaching America's youth RCcola55's Avatar
    BFG Krawlers....
    Ryan Clarke
    (214)695-7901

fawk swampers krawlers or mtr's are the way to go

nitto muds, iroks or krawlers
    Clayton Rollins '08
    210-863-1435
    2007 Dodge Ram 3500 4x4 5.9
    1983 Waggy

go with the IROKs
    Quote Originally Posted by afroman006
    Creighton, you have done stuff with that jeep that would make a goat go "holy ****!"
    Quote Originally Posted by afroman006
    So driving by brail is why your jeep looks the way it does eh?

No MTRs, I have never been impressed with them. Most of the pitbulls seem really wide, which I don't know if I like. I do like the maxxis ones with the crazy sidewalls, but they seem really expensive. Krawlers are smokin, but out of my price range and would require a rim size change. Don't know much about the nitto's, but they look expensive. Swampers have always treated me good, and seem to be decently priced. I'd go with the irok in a second, but thier tread seems really shallow. I want 40in tsls, but they may be overkill. 38 sx's seem like they would match my rig well. I dunno. Hopefully I'll get a chance in the next few days to try to fix my 36, and that will determine where I go from here

I know that on some of the irok sizes they now have a thicker tread depth...I think the 37 might be one of them. Its also a true 37. You have 30spline longs in the front now dont you? So the front won't be a problem no matter what size you go to, except for maybe 53s Is the rear still stock shafts or cromos?
    "Certainly there is no hunting like the hunting of man and those who have hunted armed men long enough and liked it, never really care for anything else thereafter."

'69 FJ-40, chevy383, sm420, 37's, RedNeckRam
    '08 Tundra SR5 Poser Douche Rig on 35's

ishbo03
    i had 35 x 15.5 tsl sx on my blazer and i liked them alot. didnt use them on rocks though, just trails and mud. 4wp used to have them for like $220 i think but you're looking to go bigger than i did so the price will change obviously.

True Hollywood Stry
    i would buy travis's 38 sx's, i got my new 38 tsl's without warranty from 4wp for like 800 shipped to my door, i would say iroks though if i were you.
    He who dies with the most **** wins, after seeing your collection you are in the lead no doubt!

what size tsls are you running (the narrow or wide 38s?)? As for buying Travis's, I may look into that. The only problem is I'm trying to con my parents into paying for most of the cost as a early christmas+birthday present, so it most likely will have to go on a credit card

Yeah, I'm running the 30 spline longs, as well as a FJ-80 high pinion diff, and I crawl everything, so I could most likely get away with a 42 if I wanted to. The rear R&P is my current weak link in my opinion, but is still prety strong, and I'm not to worried about the rear shafts.

I think the beauty of your rig is the simplicity and reliability. I wouldn't go too big even though it is light, just more headaches on the trail. Have you been limited by your tire size yet?
    Boats and hoes

Stumble in to the liquor store
    With a dollar-fifty for a bottle of wine,
    I know just what I'm lookin for
    Thunderbird will do just fine.

he's just sick of people asking him why he only went with 33s on his buggy
    Quote Originally Posted by Shaggy View Post
    damnit... if everyone is leaving i want my original 15 back... i dont wanna be left with these tools