Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: 4runner

4runner

http://www.lonestar4x4.net/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=5499

this is the truck that was built from the remains of my old rig after I traded it for the buggy. I don't know why he is selling it, but he seems to be trying to get it sold quick, since he has allready dropped the price in less than a week. Therefore, i'm betting you could get him to drop it even more if you work on him. Its a good deal as is, and just gets better as the price drops.

Teaching America's youth RCcola55's Avatar
    buy it Will and bring it back to its rightful place in TAMOR
    Ryan Clarke
    (214)695-7901

Quote Originally Posted by RCcola55
    buy it Will and bring most of its parts back to their rightful place in TAMOR
    That is a pretty good deal I think. Wish I had $3500 to blow on it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Graystroke View Post
    So you loose, I win!

Quote Originally Posted by RCcola55
    buy it Will and bring it back to its rightful place in TAMOR
    yes, I can hear it calling to be brought back to its homelands and rolled again

ill be your pickup man
    almost exactly what im looking for, but out of my price range, but i know thats a good price
    92 YJ
    04 F-150 4x4
    11 F-250 4x4

the sad part is those 4runners are becoming harder and harder to find here in texas, and I've seen a lot of stock one sell for more than that. I wish I could afford it as well. Some day I'm gonna get one and build it for a daily driver.

So why do you want a runner john?

ill be your pickup man
    I am going to put the bronco off until i have some more money. The plans I have for it outweigh my wallet.

So, I have sorta been looking for an 85 xtra cab or 4runner, b/c of the solid axle and efi. I don't care if it is stock, I would jsut throw some cheap lockers in it and some mud tires and wheel it for the next couple years. But I can not afford more thatn 2k, so you can imagine that it will not be easy to find.
    Last edited by JB; 10-04-2005 at 11:32 PM.
    92 YJ
    04 F-150 4x4
    11 F-250 4x4

hell, I say send him an offer for 2k, maybe he is in such a lurch he'll except it.

Quote Originally Posted by CRaSHnBuRN
    hell, I say send him an offer for 2k, maybe he is in such a lurch he'll except it.
    ****, if i was just getting back from my internship instead of just going, id snatch that up quick

maybe my dad will want to invest in my wheeling future, after all, i will most likely be in CO for 4-6 months starting in jan

No, thats the wrong angle to play. A better one is you need a vehicle like this with four wheel drive to handle the bad weather conditions you'll see during the winter in colorado

Quote Originally Posted by CRaSHnBuRN
    No, thats the wrong angle to play. A better one is you need a vehicle like this with four wheel drive to handle the bad weather conditions you'll see during the winter in colorado
    he told me "tough ****, get some studded tires for your truck and keep it in 4wd"

For reference...it probably cost me 5-6k to upgrade my truck....

Quote Originally Posted by Chadnutz
    For reference...it probably cost me 5-6k to upgrade my truck....
    hell with interest rates on your money, it was more like 8K

it'd cost me 3K to sas my truck, but thats not as cool as having a 'new' 4runner
    i emailed him to talk about seeing the truck

Quote Originally Posted by JBrown89
    almost exactly what im looking for, but out of my price range, but i know thats a good price

What? So what about the Bronco?
    The disco ball in my mouth, insinuates I'm ballin'

ill be your pickup man
    Quote Originally Posted by davido
    What? So what about the Bronco?
    I would never want to sell it. I have a hard time parting with vehicles, especially since this was my first high school ride. The body on it was in pretty in great shape before last April, and although it might seem like I don't care about all teh body damage now, trust me, it drives me crazy. The OCD part of me will always want to make it perfect.

I saw a early 70s Blazer on the cover of a 4wheel mag a several months back. It was tubed, but still had the Blazer skins. It was dovetailed as well. I would really liek to do something like this to the Bronco. Other things beyond a full "frame off" include new 351, maybe a Klune, coilevers up front or modify my current leaf setup, new front engine x-member, 39-40s, and have everything put together ina way that I would not hesitate to drive it 4+ hours to the trail and then back. Also want to keep the back seat and all the storage space. I don't havethe knowledge or equipment to make all this happen yet

All I really need to do now is replace the motor mounts, and put discs in the rear, which i will probably do in the next month or so, but I won't be satisfied with it.

That was way longer than it should have been.

PS, 3750 or whatever he is asking for the 4runner is a steal.
    92 YJ
    04 F-150 4x4
    11 F-250 4x4