Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: F150 help

Shaggy

F150 help

well as i headed to the shop today my truck started to vibrate pretty good... it is coming from the engine as far as i can tell... it does it at a stand still also... i gave it a quick look over at the shop and proceded to ignore it... so on the drive home it starts shaking really damn bad... and now the service engine soon light came on... i have no idea what this could be... any ideas... i am gonna go check if it threw any soft codes... it might have since it turned the light on

Shaggy
    ok code read was cylinder 6 misfire
    so what i think it is is a coil... the 4.6 has a coil on each cylinder and they are like 85$ each... sucks balls so i am out a truck till i change it... glad i dont have any tests this week... i guess ill be changing it tomorrow... all my tools are at my shop and my truck is at my apartment... this may be interesting

Maybe try spark plug first? Can you switch that coil with another? If problem follows coil then replace.

Shaggy
    yes ill try spark plug first... good idea on switching coil with another... may have to do that.... but as far as i have heard this is a very common problem with this engine

Shaggy
    ok i am about to head to the parts store and then to the shop to get this thing fixed... help would be great just incase i need to make another parts store run and the thing is torn apart

lite it on fire? seems like a ford solution

Shaggy
    no

Shaggy
    truck would cost lot more to replace than it is insured for

Shaggy
    truck runs gud now... i changed cylinder 6 coil and all the plugs and it runs way better than it has ever since i have owned it... almost all of the plugs were at .06 or more gap and my truck requires .052-.054 and they were all worn out really bad... and cylinder 6 was full of gas just as it should have been with a dead coil... all i gotta say is it took me 3 hours and it is gonna take me another to get all this grime off my body... i got to do some sweet ass doughnuts in my shop's lot though... good fun... nice and wet

Shaggy
    im celebrating my victory over the 4.6 with a 24oz miller lite...mmm col beer

Guess I shouldn't let you drink alone. I'll get a keystone.

usmcagg02
    Quote Originally Posted by Shaggy
    im celebrating my victory over the 4.6 with a 24oz miller lite...mmm col beer
    did i miss something? when did you start drinkin again?

Shaggy
    august in mexico at an all inclusive resort

Shaggy
    i had 15 months off so im doing pretty good

I think Ill have one too
    Quote Originally Posted by afroman006
    Creighton, you have done stuff with that jeep that would make a goat go "holy ****!"
    Quote Originally Posted by afroman006
    So driving by brail is why your jeep looks the way it does eh?