Page 4 of 31 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 14 ... LastLast

Thread: Blazer Revival 2005!

Quote Originally Posted by fbronco86
    How deep do you thread this hole? I really think the weldin inserts are the way to go. Just my 2 cents

yeah, but anybody can do it that way. you have access to tools most guys dont. i like the idea of tapping the right handed one and welding the left handed one in, then turning the weld down. it'd be cheaper and look good.

Then why bother tapping the right hand one? Why dont you just run heims at one end and TRE's at the other while you're at it?
    On the 8th day god created the Super Swamper TSL and said "go forth and kick ass"

How deep do you thread this hole? I really think the weldin inserts are the way to go. Just my 2 cents
    If i had your 2 cents I'd have a bronco!
    1988 Blazer...RIP

BURN!!!!

On a side note this thread title makes me laugh on many levels!

First Revival makes me think of bible-beaters and those people are dumb and make me laugh.

Then I think that thread is about reviving a truck that just got revived a year and a half ago and has been parked in a covered barn since.
    Quote Originally Posted by Graystroke View Post
    So you loose, I win!

Quote Originally Posted by Snatch Adams
    BURN!!!!
    First Revival makes me think of bible-beaters and those people are dumb and make me laugh.
    Hey, craig was the one that talked me into calling this thread a "revival".

Actually, I'd like to find Robert Cox's (Stuart's dad) old jimmy and revive that thing. Actually I remember seeing it a few years ago pulling around mastercraft in kingwood. It was topless and had some decent looking women in the back.
    1988 Blazer...RIP

Quote Originally Posted by chevsu
    you can also look at my setup on the heep for tie rod behind the axle. also conley just bought the inserts and i think they were pretty cheap. cheaper than buying the taps and spending time doing it. you could weld them in and then turn the O.D. down to the same as the tie rod. you would never be able to tell that they are welded in.
    when's the jeep going to be in college station next?

You have a autocad or solidworks file of the steering arms?
    1988 Blazer...RIP

Thinking about getting the blazer this coming weekend. Progress should start soon. Hopefully I'll have the house done by the end of the weekend. I already started on the garage. Put two couches on the curb on saturday morning that reaked of cat piss and they were gone within a half hour!
    1988 Blazer...RIP

chevsu
    i'm not sure the when the jeep will be back in CS, maybe the next 47 trip. i have the file on autocad. i also have a blank set with no holes in it yet thats made out of A516 grade 70 1" plate. i might could part with them if the price is right.

We put some couches out on the curb and somebody took one and left the other, so Garret ran over it with his bronco. Then it was gone the next day. I dont know if the trash man or someone else took it...
    On the 8th day god created the Super Swamper TSL and said "go forth and kick ass"

fbronco86
    Quote Originally Posted by Doug Krebs
    If i had your 2 cents I'd have a bronco!

You are just jealous cause my rig can kick your rigs ass haha. Dont make me get it out for clayton to kick your butt

You are just jealous cause my rig can kick your rigs ass haha. Dont make me get it out for clayton to kick your butt
    i'm not scared ***** bring it!
    1988 Blazer...RIP

Shaggy
    i would love to see the shat box on the trail... **** it if the engine dont run gud... if it starts wheel it

So I finally messed with the hydraulic pump for the 1st time in 6 months or so. I stopped listening to the manufacturer and started sticking the air hose in different ports to figure out what they do.

So, I figured out the relief valve was draining back into the resevoir and not letting pressure build. So I plugged the return from the relief valve, reassembled, hooked it up to the ram and holy **** it works. So I guess buying another pump assembly for 60 bucks like the manufacturer suggested didn't end up being the problem.

So now I have to decided whether or not to **** with the internal relief valve, or buy something like this . Only problem with that is I'm pretty sure I have to plumb another return line back to the resevoir, which just sucks.

I guess I'll contact the manufacturer and see if they have any suggestions.
    1988 Blazer...RIP

Matt Conlee
    I this going to be ready for clayton. That would be awsome

Quote Originally Posted by Matt Conlee
    I this going to be ready for clayton. That would be awsome
    thats the whole point! went and got it today.

lets put it this way, heres the score:

F150-----0
    CTD------1
    squirrels -3
    Last edited by Doug Krebs; 10-22-2005 at 10:35 PM.
    1988 Blazer...RIP