Page 6 of 31 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 16 ... LastLast

Thread: Blazer Revival 2005!

Quote Originally Posted by Snatch Adams
    Your smart, so I hope you would put some wood between the tires and the axle.

Also dont bite off more than you can chew with this thing. Just remember at 4 o'clock on that friday, my truck is leaving with or without your blazer behind it
    we're leaving that late?

half the stuff I really don't have to do on it. I'm doing the essential stuff first. Once the dana 60 is reassembled I'll work on the arms. Then put it underneath the blazer and build the drag link and tie rod. Then fool with the hydro assist.

Think about what I did before the spring break trip that one year, now think what I can do with adderall!
    1988 Blazer...RIP

Quote Originally Posted by Doug Krebs
    we're leaving that late?

half the stuff I really don't have to do on it. I'm doing the essential stuff first. Once the dana 60 is reassembled I'll work on the arms. Then put it underneath the blazer and build the drag link and tie rod. Then fool with the hydro assist.

Think about what I did before the spring break trip that one year, now think what I can do with adderall!

Good I'm glad you have a plan. Per a conversation with Karl it was established that I should probably say something to that effect.

I figure my mom's graduation is a 9AM, ends around 12. Goto a nice lunch done around 2-3.

Obviously this is a little premature (that's my style ), but I figured I would drop my truck off with you before graduation. You could put the trailer onthe truck and the blazer on the trailer with everything loaded. And then we just bail when I get there. If we do that I would have to trade cars with you or blair for the day so I could get to graduation, etc.

Samantha wants to head to CS on Thurs night. If that is the case, I would like to stay at yalls house that night. We could have most everything ready to go the night before. Is that cool?
    Quote Originally Posted by Graystroke View Post
    So you loose, I win!

Let Karl worry about the klogger and not me! I'm sure I'm going to have to pull that thing around clayton!

Sounds like a plan to me. You and samantha are welcome to stay thursday night. You can borrow my truck if you'd like or if you're feeling just wild and crazy you can take the radian

I'd like to have the blazer driving by the end of november so I can have 2 weeks to drive it around and find any problems.

I think it's about 6 hours to clayton, so we still might be able to do a little night wheeling depending on when the group leaves!
    1988 Blazer...RIP

Whats everyone using for dana 60 u joints? Not expensive one's either.

I'm going to take a look at the lock outs tonight. Any idea how strong the stock manual hubs are?
    1988 Blazer...RIP

fbronco86
    Whats everyone using for dana 60 u joints? Not expensive one's either.

I'm going to take a look at the lock outs tonight. Any idea how strong the stock manual hubs are?
    I never broke one. If you are nice to me I have a spare stock ford hub. I could part ways with

I'm running stock sized spicer everything. I know they dont make hubs anymore but mine are in ok shape so I'm keepin em for now. Probably wont bother with upgrading till I break.
    On the 8th day god created the Super Swamper TSL and said "go forth and kick ass"

Kingpins...... Done!!!

In between two tires didn't work... I was almost lifting the blazer in the air and too much flex with the tires.

Right next to me was two perfectly spaced trees, so I used the Craig Knoeller method and stuck the axle between the trees. It also allowed me to put my feet on the garage and push with my legs.

Total time: 15 minutes 10 of which was dicking with the axle between the two trucks.
    Attached Images Attached Images        
    1988 Blazer...RIP

at the parts store, confusing the **** out of the guy.
    kickass doug! nice method!
    "You know, this car is so fast, that giving Corvette owners this car, is kinda like giving an AK-47 to a pysch ward."

-Ron Fellows (Corvette C6R Team Driver)

Quote Originally Posted by Fredo
    kickass doug! nice method!
    have to give credit to craig!

onto the hubs... they look exactly like warn hubs I think they'll be fine for the time being.

The stock u-joints look Ok, they are just old, so i'll probably replace them.

Other things to do on the dana 60:

cut old shock mounts off, weld new ones on when the axle is underneath.

finish wire brushing the axle and knuckles

paint

reassemble

I hope to have this done buy the weekend so I can start on the arms on saturday.

Frick, if you're reading this when you finding out about that tube for the steering???
    1988 Blazer...RIP

Ahh craig and his trees. You can also use them to straighten pieces on mike's trailer

Good job doug!
    So you loose, I win!

fbronco86
    Ahh craig and his trees. You can also use them to straighten pieces on mike's trailer

Good job doug!

I do remember using that big ass post oak for that. Dont worry my dad has about 40,000 trees on our place that he watches. Some of them died some come next winter I gotta help replace the dead ones.
    Last edited by fbronco86; 10-24-2005 at 09:11 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by fbronco86
    I do remember using that big ass post oak for that. Dont worry my dad has about 40,000 tires on our place that he watches. Some of them died some come next winter I gotta help replace the dead ones.
    tires?
    So you loose, I win!

fbronco86
    have to give credit to craig!

onto the hubs... they look exactly like warn hubs I think they'll be fine for the time being.

The stock u-joints look Ok, they are just old, so i'll probably replace them.

Other things to do on the dana 60:

cut old shock mounts off, weld new ones on when the axle is underneath.

finish wire brushing the axle and knuckles

paint

reassemble

I hope to have this done buy the weekend so I can start on the arms on saturday.

Frick, if you're reading this when you finding out about that tube for the steering???
    I put those autodrive pos's from oreilys in mine never broke one. I put mine is a pretty good bind a few times. Its all in the casting of the u-joint anyway. you may get a good one you may not. Long as some ass did not put the damn thing in the snow while it was cooling you are prob in good shape. (btw our plant in canada was trying to figure out why the cast gears were breaking and then they found out the foundry up there was putting gears in the snow to cool them)

Are there a lot of power lines in Kingwood?

fbronco86
    tires?
    its says trees stupid haha