Thread: Anti-Wrap Front and Rear

Threaded View

Anti-Wrap Front and Rear

Well I definitely need a solution for both. I looked around Pirate briefly and found a few things. The rear is easy, I'm looking at making one like Sam's Offroad. I have plenty of room opposite the muffler to set it up. It's a "ladder" type bar with two hardmounts at the axle and a shackle at the skidplate.

http://www.pirate4x4.com/tech/billav...ntiwrapbar.htm

The front is a different story. Because of the shackle reversal, a ladder type would have to attach by shackle to the front. My tie rod is behind the axle, so that's a plus. But I still have the diff on one side, the winch in the middle, and the steering box on the other site. I have enough space on the axle tube to mount it outside of my springs, but my wheels already hit my spring when I turn so the frame end would have to be mounted to somewhere between the springs.

If I'm going to use a ladder type for the front, that leaves me with a shackle hanging down, which I don't want. I did find a couple of possibilities.

Question: Do these actually work? I saw that several people have them, but I'm not convinved that this wouldn't A. limit articulation or B. eliminate wrap. And with the trivetrain components that I have, I need something that totally eliminates the wrapping stress on the springs, not just limits it.

This was a totally different type if setup.

http://www.jeepaholics.com/tech/bambar/

I'd have to look to see if I even have the space for this, but it's an interesting option.

Any other ideas?
    Last edited by davido; 10-18-2005 at 11:41 AM.
    The disco ball in my mouth, insinuates I'm ballin'