Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Thread: Halloween at 47

Didn't see that coming...
    Is that the reason your winch stopped working John? Did you never shut your truck off after that? The scout's sexay wit no doors
    It was great fun, and while we did get a little work done, we mostly got to really think and discuss with Steve what needs to get done so we can be really productive next time.
    Fullsize friendly trails: go to the extra effort to cut any branches that make your spine tingle as they scrape across your paint. A machete out the window works well. Also the little trees in the middle of the trail that don't get hit by tires, cut them and toss them to the side. There are lots of trails there that are "fullsize-friendly" technically, but just need a little extra work to keep the pinstriping down.
    Removing trash/metal: Steve said we could use the trailer that he has there, and it would be perfect for tossing chunks of cable onto. He said we can just dump the metal in the pile with the water heaters. To come prepared to take out metal, we'll need to bring a torch, good gloves, straps that you don't care about (for dragging the cables out of the ground)
    Signage: Steve showed me a pile of tposts that were donated, as well as some square pieces of metal for making the signs. There are a few cans of yellow paint for making the posts more visible, and he said he has a tpost driver and stencils for lettering the signs. We need to supply ubolts for attaching the signs to the posts and spray paint for the stenciling. Also probably a drill to punch holes in the signs for the ubolts. And 2 tpost drivers could let multiple groups do this. The idea is to put signs at some of the major trails and at some of the road intersections. Every sign will have an arrow indicating the "easiest way out" as well as "trail __" (numbered) and possibly a rating (1-5), though we could probably put the ratings on the map. These will be at least a 2-step job. First go out and paint all the posts yellow. 3 or 4 people working on this could probably paint them all in a half hour. Next trip get them in the ground, signs hung and painted. Probably a full afternoon on this.
    Thanks to those who worked this weekend.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shaggy View Post
    damnit... if everyone is leaving i want my original 15 back... i dont wanna be left with these tools

Looks like someone needs to learn the sure method of keeping these things in.

Quote Originally Posted by uglyota
    Is that the reason your winch stopped working John? Did you never shut your truck off after that? The scout's sexay wit no doors
    ive got side and top posts. thats just for the winch and amp

sweet! So your winch is okay?
    damnit... if everyone is leaving i want my original 15 back... i dont wanna be left with these tools

i guess. ill replace the post clamp and see later. it was dark when i got home.

ill be your pickup man
    i'm down for helping with the signs and cleaning up the cables whenver. Just let me know.
    92 YJ
    04 F-150 4x4
    11 F-250 4x4

look familiar?
    Attached Images Attached Images    

sweet. Hey what we he trying to do when he got all stuck like?
    Quote Originally Posted by afroman006
    Creighton, you have done stuff with that jeep that would make a goat go "holy ****!"
    So driving by brail is why your jeep looks the way it does eh?

Quote Originally Posted by AggieTJ2007
    sweet. Hey what we he trying to do when he got all stuck like?

get stuck. im just glad he stuck where he did. we wouldnt have gotten it out today if he had made it past that spot. its eric's fault.

where were yall at
    Creighton, you have done stuff with that jeep that would make a goat go "holy ****!"
    So driving by brail is why your jeep looks the way it does eh?

turn left at the bottom of that one ditch (see why these need names/numbers?) instead of turning right and climbing out. It didn't look that bad

ill be your pickup man
    that is right where we were at earlier. Me, Clinton and then you came up it. Instead of turning right and up the hill, it looks like he went straight.
    92 YJ
    04 F-150 4x4
    11 F-250 4x4

ill be your pickup man
    What is that?
    92 YJ
    04 F-150 4x4
    11 F-250 4x4

old imagery

Quote Originally Posted by JBrown89
    What is that?

H2O
    Last edited by agjohn02; 10-30-2005 at 11:35 PM.