Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Thread: Halloween at 47

I bet if you had solid tube fenders you would have made it. At least through the entrance there. They would have kept you off the edge a bit and kept your tire from getting wedged. A sledge oughta fix everything for now...
    Quote Originally Posted by Shaggy View Post
    damnit... if everyone is leaving i want my original 15 back... i dont wanna be left with these tools

don't use the side terminals for the winch. Optimas were not designed to connect the winch to the side terminals and it will melt something inside the battery and destroy it.
    Quote Originally Posted by afroman006
    Creighton, you have done stuff with that jeep that would make a goat go "holy ****!"
    So driving by brail is why your jeep looks the way it does eh?

deep cycle auxiliary
    damnit... if everyone is leaving i want my original 15 back... i dont wanna be left with these tools

Quote Originally Posted by AggieTJ2007
    don't use the side terminals for the winch. Optimas were not designed to connect the winch to the side terminals and it will melt something inside the battery and destroy it.
    validate please.
    Boats and hoes

Stumble in to the liquor store
    With a dollar-fifty for a bottle of wine,
    I know just what I'm lookin for
    Thunderbird will do just fine.

at the parts store, confusing the **** out of the guy.
    I'm going to go ahead and have to disagree with you there Bob. Did the magic battery fairy tell you not to connect it that way. Must be hard on the internal waternator in the special guts of the battery.
    "You know, this car is so fast, that giving Corvette owners this car, is kinda like giving an AK-47 to a pysch ward."

-Ron Fellows (Corvette C6R Team Driver)

here's validation:
    side posts suck ass. I've stripped the threads on every one of those stupid things I have ever touched. I converted the leads on my chevy to top posts because I hate side terminals. Didn't Honda invent them or something? They've never felt like a good solid connection to me

hmmm funny ive done it that way for years... guess i should go change it so battery doesnt go melting on me

Quote Originally Posted by uglyota
    here's validation:
    side posts suck ass. I've stripped the threads on every one of those stupid things I have ever touched. I converted the leads on my chevy to top posts because I hate side terminals. Didn't Honda invent them or something? They've never felt like a good solid connection to me
    I'm willing to bet you use a pair of pliers to tighten side posts instead of a wrench don't you?
    "You know, this car is so fast, that giving Corvette owners this car, is kinda like giving an AK-47 to a pysch ward."

socket and a 1/4" ratchet. I always strip out the internal threads

Quote Originally Posted by J Cooper
    hmmm funny ive done it that way for years... guess i should go change it so battery doesnt go melting on me
    Speaking of which wtf happened to that redtop with the big gouge in it in your garage?
    On the 8th day god created the Super Swamper TSL and said "go forth and kick ass"

I've never stripped the threads, but I twisted off a terminal in an old interstate battery one time but I've never really had any problems with them.

not to say that this guy knows batteries from Shinola, but
    "The yellow top or red top side posts should never be used for your winch connections as internally they're meant to handle only about 70A or so of the starter and you could burn the wire strand/metal plate inside that connects the side terminal to the two poles of the battery."
    from: http://www.missioncontrol.ca/cgi-bin...num=1043778598
    and yes, it does say Eco Four Wheeling Society Forum. I've never heard of them before but it might be my long lost brethren

I did find that on optima's website they recommend not connecting winches to the sideposts, but I've have my winch connected that way for two years and have used it many times under some heavy loads and haven't seen a problem. Weird.

Speaking of which wtf happened to that redtop with the big gouge in it in your garage?

got eaten by a 460

my guess is some jeep douche had a messed up winch and hooked it up to his optima by the side posts. When he went to use the winch and it overloaded and shorted out the battery...Since jeep douches tell all their buddies about how bad a company's customer service is, I'm betting Optima said, ah screw it, we'll put a disclaimer on the website.