Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: Nov 13 work weekend at BVORP

Nov 13 work weekend at BVORP

Since it seems like only 2 people are going to Gilmer that weekend...
    I assume this will be the same deal as last time, put in half a day working and do a little wheelin for free.
    Here's what we came up for as work priorities, copied from the other thread:

Fullsize friendly trails: go to the extra effort to cut any branches that make your spine tingle as they scrape across your paint. A machete out the window works well. Also the little trees in the middle of the trail that don't get hit by tires, cut them and toss them to the side. There are lots of trails there that are "fullsize-friendly" technically, but just need a little extra work to keep the pinstriping down.
    Removing trash/metal: Steve said we could use the trailer that he has there, and it would be perfect for tossing chunks of cable onto. He said we can just dump the metal in the pile with the water heaters. To come prepared to take out metal, we'll need to bring a torch, good gloves, straps that you don't care about (for dragging the cables out of the ground)
    Signage: Steve showed me a pile of tposts that were donated, as well as some square pieces of metal for making the signs. There are a few cans of yellow paint for making the posts more visible, and he said he has a tpost driver and stencils for lettering the signs. We need to supply ubolts for attaching the signs to the posts and spray paint for the stenciling. Also probably a drill to punch holes in the signs for the ubolts. And 2 tpost drivers could let multiple groups do this. The idea is to put signs at some of the major trails and at some of the road intersections. Every sign will have an arrow indicating the "easiest way out" as well as "trail __" (numbered) and possibly a rating (1-5), though we could probably put the ratings on the map. These will be at least a 2-step job. First go out and paint all the posts yellow. 3 or 4 people working on this could probably paint them all in a half hour. Next trip get them in the ground, signs hung and painted. Probably a full afternoon on this.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shaggy View Post
    damnit... if everyone is leaving i want my original 15 back... i dont wanna be left with these tools

Stone150
    might be able to come but not too sure i will have to see.

Teaching America's youth RCcola55's Avatar
    gonna have to miss this one again, there are some animals whos times are up and need to be taken care of this weekend
    Ryan Clarke
    (214)695-7901

damn, I gotta work. Hopefully I'll get out there one of these days to help clear some trails in that creek. If the whole place isn't one big mud hole come the christmas holidays I'll bring all my brush clearing stuff from back home and really get to it

we cleared the trail that you and I ran on Saturday
    Quote Originally Posted by afroman006
    Creighton, you have done stuff with that jeep that would make a goat go "holy ****!"
    So driving by brail is why your jeep looks the way it does eh?

how does it look? Where did you end it, where we climbed out last time? Did you happen to walk more of the creek and see what else was back there?

if im not hunting ill be out there
    Clayton Rollins '08
    210-863-1435
    2007 Dodge Ram 3500 4x4 5.9
    1983 Waggy

yeah it ended where we went at last time. It looks real good, took out one of the windshield eating trees but left another one, makes it a little more difficult cause the tree is not holding you up anymore
    Creighton, you have done stuff with that jeep that would make a goat go "holy ****!"
    So driving by brail is why your jeep looks the way it does eh?

Alright guys just to bump this thread up:
    It is very important that, even though this place is only ten minutes away, we can't treat it as a "come and go as you please"
    Steve (Opersteny, the owner) wants to know when we are planning to arrive so that he can meet us as a group at the gate and have us sign the waiver and pay him right then. If you can't make it at the predetermined time, stay home, and at least for a few months I would recommend not even setting foot in the gate until the group is all there and ready to go in. We need to be on our best behavior out there.
    damnit... if everyone is leaving i want my original 15 back... i dont wanna be left with these tools

sprayin' the house down CheapJeep's Avatar
    I'll go...let's just make sure to bring paint brushes and rattle cans this time. As well as u-bolts for the signs.
    1974 CJ5-The BarnBurner

Quote Originally Posted by stx4wheeler View Post
    Robbie is the Charlie Daniels of the super swamper.

Quote Originally Posted by uglyota
    Alright guys just to bump this thread up:
    It is very important that, even though this place is only ten minutes away, we can't treat it as a "come and go as you please"
    Steve (Opersteny, the owner) wants to know when we are planning to arrive so that he can meet us as a group at the gate and have us sign the waiver and pay him right then. If you can't make it at the predetermined time, stay home, and at least for a few months I would recommend not even setting foot in the gate until the group is all there and ready to go in. We need to be on our best behavior out there.
    yes this is true, something i will be discussing at the meeting. from now on we will have exact times of going out there, have a key to get in and locked after we enter. and if it is not designated a work weekend and you dont want to pay you go home.

everybody that goes out there must clear it through me first and i will also need your emergency info before i let you through the gate.

i was informed that some "TCS" members were out there sunday, when our group arrived to work.

if you wish to be a member of the club you need to follow the rules of the club, i dont care if jason or whoever said you could go out there. from now on its going to be different.

sounds like a plan

so, whats on the agenda work-wise for this weekend, and are we going on saturday or sunday
    do we need some rattle cans? if we do, ill dig some change out of the couch to get some instead of painting with a dirty-ass toilet brush ziptied to a random metal scrap

Stone150
    can any one make it on satuday? would love to go but can't make it sunday.

go back and read Coop's and my posts, bud
    we are planning a trip and following an agenda
    the trip just happens to be 10 minutes away

sunday is the lord's day, we're supposed to be drinking beer and watching fooseball, not building trails

saturdays are better