Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Diesel Hypertech Programmer

Like my rock crawler? KrazyKarl02's Avatar

Diesel Hypertech Programmer

So I found a guy selling a hypertech programmer for my truck, pretty cheap. For those that don't know I have 99 F250, 7.3L Diesel. The hypertech claims, 3 different program modes, with one adding like 100hp with gains in fuel economy.

Anyone ever used one? Good experience or bad? Any programmer better?
    -Karl
    2006 Chevy K3500 4X4 - No J.B. Weld on it yet!
    1982 thru 94 F-Series "The Klogger" AKA Transport on the road, on the trail, or on the trailer!
    1965 Chevelle
    1975 Corvette

You will not get better mileage. That's just majic smoke they blow up your ass so you can justify the cost. All the programmers do the same thing. Make truck go faster and blow some smoke. Cheapest new is superchip off ebay. If it's a good price get it, it'll be fun.

AgDieseler
    Hypertech blows - actually decreases power on level I in some configurations. Edge is the best hp/dollar value.

My friend had one on his lifted f-250, I drove it down to College Station and back, it had balls.
    Boats and hoes

Stumble in to the liquor store
    With a dollar-fifty for a bottle of wine,
    I know just what I'm lookin for
    Thunderbird will do just fine.

Having driven your truck all weekend i think this money could be better spent on steering components and some new rotors

PS i'm probably the last person that should ever call someone out on lack of maintenance to their vehicle
    Quote Originally Posted by Graystroke View Post
    So you loose, I win!

Quote Originally Posted by Snatch Adams
    Having driven your truck all weekend i think this money could be better spent on steering components and some new rotors

PS i'm probably the last person that should ever call someone out on lack of maintenance to their vehicle
    Idiot! He's trying to go faster, not stop nor steer.
    1988 Blazer...RIP

True Hollywood Stry
    exaclty you dont need brakes if you can passs everyone else on the road
    He who dies with the most **** wins, after seeing your collection you are in the lead no doubt!

Quote Originally Posted by stx4wheeler
    exaclty you dont need brakes if you can passs everyone else on the road
    Frick, just when I think you are the dumbest man alive, you say something like that, and completely redeem yourself. I have done the brakes once on my truck (25k ago), there is a small vibration in the front rotor now, but it is no where near the earthquake that was Jerry's front end.

Anywho, a hypertech programmer for about $50 I think would be good, and I think I have one for $50.
    -Karl
    1982 thru 94 F-Series "The Klogger" AKA Transport on the road, on the trail, or on the trailer!
    1965 Chevelle
    1975 Corvette

Quote Originally Posted by AgDieseler
    Hypertech blows - actually decreases power on level I in some configurations. Edge is the best hp/dollar value.
    I appreciate your thoughts, but checking Ebay, I do not see how Edge has the better HP/$. On ebay they are twice as much and only give a claimed 60HP. Hypertech gives 100HP claim.
    -Karl
    1965 Chevelle
    1975 Corvette

AgDieseler
    Quote Originally Posted by KrazyKarl02
    I appreciate your thoughts, but checking Ebay, I do not see how Edge has the better HP/$. On ebay they are twice as much and only give a claimed 60HP. Hypertech gives 100HP claim.
    I should have been more thorough in my post. Since some hypertech programs generate unwanted power losses - actual hp decrease, and wierd torque curves where they once were flat - I'm not a big fan of them.

Edge is the safest programmer other than the expensive ass Banks. It adjusts pulse timing and pulse width, and in my opinion strikes the best balance among power, egts and smoke, and economy. There should be a multiple stage Edge that does 30, 60, 90, and 125 hp. They each have very flat torque curves.

That doesn't mean other programmers aren't good, but they just aren't my favorite. I'm sure you'll enjoy an extra 100 hp.

I have done the brakes once on my truck (25k ago), there is a small vibration in the front rotor now, but it is no where near the earthquake that was Jerry's front end.
    Don't speak ill of the dead!
    Quote Originally Posted by Graystroke View Post
    So you loose, I win!

Quote Originally Posted by Snatch Adams
    Don't speak ill of the dead!
    I am quite certain your truck is still running. You might even see it at one of your job sites. I suspect the person who bought it hangs out around construction sites a lot.....

And in the Red Rockets defense, it would always do a wicked smoky nasty burn out!
    -Karl
    1965 Chevelle
    1975 Corvette

Quote Originally Posted by AgDieseler
    I should have been more thorough in my post. Since some hypertech programs generate unwanted power losses - actual hp decrease, and wierd torque curves where they once were flat - I'm not a big fan of them.

Edge is the safest programmer other than the expensive ass Banks. It adjusts pulse timing and pulse width, and in my opinion strikes the best balance among power, egts and smoke, and economy. There should be a multiple stage Edge that does 30, 60, 90, and 125 hp. They each have very flat torque curves.

That doesn't mean other programmers aren't good, but they just aren't my favorite. I'm sure you'll enjoy an extra 100 hp.
    You sir are wise beyond years
    -Karl
    1965 Chevelle
    1975 Corvette

You sir are wise beyond years

he talks like that in real life too

Whats the best programer for my 6.2?
    On the 8th day god created the Super Swamper TSL and said "go forth and kick ass"