Thread: Body Lift Q&A

LilToy

Body Lift Q&A

So 4wheel parts says that they do not recommend a body lift with a suspension lift installed. I already am lifted 4" and i want the 2 body for tire clearance. So what the dilly-yo?

Chris

ill be your pickup man
    I believe that there body lift supplier, probably Performance Accesories, said that for insurance or legal reasons they can't do body lifts on top of suspension kits. They will sell you the kit, just will not install it for you.
    92 YJ
    04 F-150 4x4
    11 F-250 4x4

BigRedFord04
    What he said. Someone's just covering their ass.

I've got 3" Body X" Suspension...no real probs except the 3" body now makes it where i cant fit in any garage on campus.

i have got the same thing -- just go ahead and do it. well that is if you want a body lift do it.

I think most everyone in this club with a lift also has a body lift of some sort...from home-brew to pretty little extended poly bushing ones.

Fresh Cope, It Satisfies! StevenAg03's Avatar

Re: Body Lift Q&A

Originally posted by LilToy
    So 4wheel parts says that they do not recommend a body lift with a suspension lift installed. I already am lifted 4" and i want the 2 body for tire clearance. So what the dilly-yo?

Chris

awww thats HORSE HOCKY.....i got my 6" suspension and 3" body put on no problem....every frat boy runnin round in a z71 decked out with the 38" mickys and 4Wheelparts sticker has a body lift and suspension lift...they just dont wanna put it on for you....besides they give you plenty of warning that lifts change your COG to cover their ass...i think someone is "JERKIN YOUR GERKIN"....
    Steven W
    02 Dodge 2500
    82 CJ-7 - sitting in a field...

"....Your theory is f*cked up like a football bat...."

bigFAWKINranger

Re: Re: Body Lift Q&A

Originally posted by StevenAg03

awww thats HORSE HOCKY.....i got my 6" suspension and 3" body put on no problem....every frat boy runnin round in a z71 decked out with the 38" mickys and 4Wheelparts sticker has a body lift and suspension lift...they just dont wanna put it on for you....besides they give you plenty of warning that lifts change your COG to cover their ass...i think someone is "JERKIN YOUR GERKIN"....
    i'm with steve, the guys at 4WPW are jackasses.... buy the lift and install it yourself... its FAWKIN easy. we did ranger, and i did dan reed's dodge.

LilToy
    Yeah thats what i plan to do, i have a 60" high-lift so i am good. I would hate to degrade myself and let someone else install the body lift. I would feel less of a man...

the sad part is when people spend almost as much or just as much getting a body lift put on as they could a susp lift.....on a different note, i am pretty sure my buddy with the scout is coming with me to the meeting tomorrow.
    out.

Fresh Cope, It Satisfies! StevenAg03's Avatar

Re: Re: Re: Body Lift Q&A

Originally posted by bigFAWKINranger

its FAWKIN easy. we did ranger, and i did dan reed's dodge.

yeah....i dont think i would be tellin anyone bout the ranger body lift experience
    Steven W
    02 Dodge 2500
    82 CJ-7 - sitting in a field...

"....Your theory is f*cked up like a football bat...."

Re: Re: Re: Re: Body Lift Q&A

Originally posted by StevenAg03

yeah....i dont think i would be tellin anyone bout the ranger body lift experience
    All I know is that after it was done, someone had the munchies, and it wasn't any of us guys...
    Boats and hoes

Stumble in to the liquor store
    With a dollar-fifty for a bottle of wine,
    I know just what I'm lookin for
    Thunderbird will do just fine.