Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 12 ... LastLast

Thread: Katemcy Kickoff Feb 4-5

Sounds like a plan. I'll see if I can motivate the rest of the Sulphur crowd, if noting else I need a date to have my coils finished by anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by afroman006
    I'm down. Tate, I can do brakelines for you, if you're not in a hurry. I re-did the entire system in pigpen and got fairly good at cutting and flaring.

double flares by hand? when i did mine it was hella hard to get a good one and a few of them still didnt seal. whats your secret? i just paid $5 to get one stinkin flare done at crook's napa.

Quote Originally Posted by agjohn02
    double flares by hand? when i did mine it was hella hard to get a good one and a few of them still didnt seal. whats your secret? i just paid $5 to get one stinkin flare done at crook's napa.
    I seriously had to practice a ****load. I did like 2 dozen before I started making good ones. The secret is to mount the line clampy piece in a bench vice, and then when you clamp the line in it make absolutely sure the two pieces are perfectly flat. PERFECTLY. Next, I used a 1/8" drill bit to smooth out the end of the tube, since the little circle cutter left a lip on the inside. Then just make the flare slowly. Practice is good.
    On the 8th day god created the Super Swamper TSL and said "go forth and kick ass"

AgDieseler
    The suburban is rolling now and running great, and it will have some good proving miles on the new fuel system by then. If all goes well, and I have the money, I should be able to make it.

I seriously had to practice a ****load. I did like 2 dozen before I started making good ones. The secret is to mount the line clampy piece in a bench vice, and then when you clamp the line in it make absolutely sure the two pieces are perfectly flat. PERFECTLY. Next, I used a 1/8" drill bit to smooth out the end of the tube, since the little circle cutter left a lip on the inside. Then just make the flare slowly. Practice is good.

are you talking about double or single flares? i broke three falring tools trying to get them to mash a double completely. getting straight flares isnt the hard part, just having enough force to make them is.

Quote Originally Posted by agjohn02
    are you talking about double or single flares? i broke three falring tools trying to get them to mash a double completely. getting straight flares isnt the hard part, just having enough force to make them is.
    Whatafag.

bite it pansy

Thats where the bench vice comes into play. The clampy part is clamped in the vice and you have a wrench to slip over the head of the end masher. Its not hard, unless you're a nancy boy...
    On the 8th day god created the Super Swamper TSL and said "go forth and kick ass"

I might make it also. You'll know when the Cruiser is loaded on the trailer and I'm driving out of town.

Let's see, the to-do list for this one includes:

- build beefier mounts for the anti-wrap bars
    - speed up steering box/flow if possible
    - add a few welds to the last round of upgrades JIK
    - mount 3 YO shocks
    - finish floor? overrated?
    - fix cage? doubtful.
    Last edited by davido; 12-23-2005 at 11:32 AM.
    The disco ball in my mouth, insinuates I'm ballin'

I can show you how to mod a saginaw power steering pump for more flow. I did the mods to mine and it worked really damn well in Clayton.

I should be in my house then so....

Build New Crossmember: $0
    Hydro Assist (box is tapped and I have the pitman arm): $250

I can show you how to mod a saginaw power steering pump for more flow. I did the mods to mine and it worked really damn well in Clayton.
    I'm in! I think between that an a little smaller pulley (if I can find out) I'll be in good shape. I realized in Clayton that most of my driving is done between 500 and 1500 RPMs, so I need to speed the pump up a little also I think. We'll see, maybe you're magic will make that step obsolete. I'll touch base with you after the holidays.
    The disco ball in my mouth, insinuates I'm ballin'

Quote Originally Posted by davido
    I might make it also. You'll know when the Cruiser is loaded on the trailer and I'm driving out of town.

Let's see, the to-do list for this one includes:

- build beefier mounts for the anti-wrap bars
    so what did you end up doing on the front antiwraps, and did it work?

Thats where the bench vice comes into play. The clampy part is clamped in the vice and you have a wrench to slip over the head of the end masher. Its not hard, unless you're a nancy boy...

guess im a nancy boy then cuz i had two of the twelve that didnt seal right. maybe my brake line is too thick of a wall.

ill be there and im sure CJ will be too.. this trip is always a blast. missed last year because they changed the date, but went the 2 years before that.

-new rear 1 piece shafts---maybe add disk brakes while its apart
    -put winch back together