Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Undoing my hard work

Quote Originally Posted by eight
    You know that blazer would tow nicely behind the F-150 on a gooseneck. I estimate twice as good. If I have 8000 lbs behind dodge on a bumper pull, it handles much worse than 14000 lbs on a gooseneck. That little trailer of mike's would work great.
    Now you mother ****ers are smoking crack!

Only good thing that came out of this is I think it looks ****ing bad ass...
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    1988 Blazer...RIP

I tell only the truth.

You know that blazer would tow nicely behind the F-150 on a gooseneck. I estimate twice as good. If I have 8000 lbs behind dodge on a bumper pull, it handles much worse than 14000 lbs on a gooseneck. That little trailer of mike's would work great.
    Short bed F150s don't like to tow anything. Trust me.
    BDR

AgDieseler
    Quote Originally Posted by davido
    Remove the body and tube buggy it on that frame...
    Ditto. That frame is an excellent starting point. Look at ORD's Wally blazer.

Yah but Stephen Watson said the only reason the stock blazer frame is still there is because it'd be too much of a PITA to remove it.

I was also thinking, I dont like my current trailer. The quality on it sucks and the ride with it attached to my truck. I was thinking I'm probably gonna get a new trailer next summer anyway, so I might as well get a gooseneck. Goosenecks with 20-22 foot decks are prety easy to find used and my truck already has a hole in the bed and the mount on the frame for the hitch. 20' and 10k pounds are pushing the limits of a bumper pull trailer anyway.
    On the 8th day god created the Super Swamper TSL and said "go forth and kick ass"

fbronco86
    He has a F350 he could use as a tow rig

Quote Originally Posted by Doug Krebs
    Now you mother ****ers are smoking crack!

Only good thing that came out of this is I think it looks ****ing bad ass...
    I say keep the fawker together till at least TCC. Take a little more leisurely pace and fix the current problems, and anything else you're not comfortable with. Then bring it out to mason in febuary with us and flog it. Then rebuild and repeat for TCC. At least get something back for all the time you spent prepping it for clayton

Formula Blazer!
    http://hendrixmotorsports.com/_wsn/page3.html

I've been trying to get the 'laws to do this to theirs. I think it would be the proverbial shiznit.

Or, I have a buddy who is chopping his up. Floorboard and firewall is all that's left. The body will be narrower than a YJ tub when he's done. 4" of lift, 117" WB, and 44" boggers. Sounds like a good time to me

Quote Originally Posted by Cajun
    Formula Blazer!

See Doug, I'm not the only one. It would be quick AND kick as. C'mon, all of the cool kids are doing it! http://tamor.org/forums/showthread.php?t=6922
    The disco ball in my mouth, insinuates I'm ballin'

Like my rock crawler? KrazyKarl02's Avatar
    I would put the 10-bolt back under it and keep it.
    -Karl
    2006 Chevy K3500 4X4 - No J.B. Weld on it yet!
    1982 thru 94 F-Series "The Klogger" AKA Transport on the road, on the trail, or on the trailer!
    1965 Chevelle
    1975 Corvette

fbronco86
    Quote Originally Posted by KrazyKarl02

I think he should pull the body and make a buggy out of it. That is my plan for the bronco.

Quote Originally Posted by KrazyKarl02

Just curious, why would you do that? The body is pretty trashed.

And Happy Birthday!
    The disco ball in my mouth, insinuates I'm ballin'

I agree with the 10-bolt action. If things work out the way you want, and you acquire property at some point down the road, you'll be kicking yourself in the ass for ditching a perfectly good ranch vehicle.
    Quote Originally Posted by Graystroke View Post
    So you loose, I win!

drive it the way it is until you need any of the parts, get to work parting out that other piece of **** in your driveway.
    Boats and hoes

Stumble in to the liquor store
    With a dollar-fifty for a bottle of wine,
    I know just what I'm lookin for
    Thunderbird will do just fine.

Like my rock crawler? KrazyKarl02's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by davido
    Just curious, why would you do that? The body is pretty trashed.

And Happy Birthday!
    Well, he has all the stuff to go back to 10-bolt fun for free, so he can have a running, some what reliable (if you clean the body grounds) truck for free. His dad will let him park it at the property. He can use it 2 or 3 times a year when we go to the property, or if Jerry wants to pull it for him. Then once Doug graduates, has a job, and is making the big bucks he can make a buggie, and if he needs to pull parts off of it.
    -Karl
    2006 Chevy K3500 4X4 - No J.B. Weld on it yet!
    1982 thru 94 F-Series "The Klogger" AKA Transport on the road, on the trail, or on the trailer!
    1965 Chevelle
    1975 Corvette