Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Undoing my hard work

OK, I understand not selling it for cheap. But why wouldn't he just wheel it the way that it is for now? He can always just take off the D60 when his buggy is almost done. He can do all of the mock-ups with the 10B.
    The disco ball in my mouth, insinuates I'm ballin'

I don't like any of you...

I've decided to use the Ford Dana 60 on the buggy...

Other things I can use from the Ford...

Steering column and box...
    Any other little misc things that you need on a buggy...

The only thing I need from the blazer would be the 14 bolt. Yes they are cheap but I like mine in the disc variety. Guess I could put drums back on it.

Anyways, maybe I'll weld some shocks on the front and fix the steering. Couldn't take too long right?

My wife is going to kill me now since I said I'd never wheel it again!
    1988 Blazer...RIP

Motor options...

I have 2 engines currently 4.3 and 5.7 both TBI. Original plan was to keep the 5.7 in the blazer and put the 4.3 in the buggy. I could also get a 305 for fairly cheap I believe.

So 5.7 in buggy, 305 in blazer, and sell 4.3? Or should I Stick with the original plan and leave the nasty 305 where it is...
    1988 Blazer...RIP

Forget 305 completely. Stick to original plan with 5.7 in blazer and 4.3 in buggy. Leave disk'd 14 bolt in blazer and shell out $300 for another disk'd 14 bolt. What kinda suspension you gonna run with the wide ford D60? I assume at least coils.
    On the 8th day god created the Super Swamper TSL and said "go forth and kick ass"

yeah, stick with the plan. 4.3s are great engines for a buggy, a good combo of horsepower and light weight.

Suspension plans are air shocks
    1988 Blazer...RIP

Like my rock crawler? KrazyKarl02's Avatar
    The guy with that 305 will never sell!!!!

what t-case and tranny you gonna do?
    -Karl
    2006 Chevy K3500 4X4 - No J.B. Weld on it yet!
    1982 thru 94 F-Series "The Klogger" AKA Transport on the road, on the trail, or on the trailer!
    1965 Chevelle
    1975 Corvette

Quote Originally Posted by KrazyKarl02
    The guy with that 305 will never sell!!!!

what t-case and tranny you gonna do?
    Who cares if he doesn't sell, it's going to be scrapped soon if he doesn't get it anyways

Tcase and tranny are under investigation at this point. Orignally it was going to be the NP241 doubler to a chevy 205. However the ford axle brings some issuses. I've thought about combining the 2 dana 60's with the good parts and selling the rest. That allan guy in the ME shop says he made more off parting out axles.

Or maybe I'll do a Kustom KrebKo axle with a 9" center section and never ever be done
    1988 Blazer...RIP

Quote Originally Posted by Doug Krebs
    Or maybe I'll do a Kustom KrebKo axle with a 9" center section and never ever be done
    I thought it was Kreb's Kustom Krawlers ?

Use ford 351 in buggy, use ford transmission in buggy, put ford 203 behind that with ford 205 behind it and ford 60 front and ford 10.25 rear. Hmm, that leaves the blazer in one piece.

Damn, don't tell me Polock out thunk you.
    The disco ball in my mouth, insinuates I'm ballin'

Quote Originally Posted by eight
    Use ford 351 in buggy, use ford transmission in buggy, put ford 203 behind that with ford 205 behind it and ford 60 front and ford 10.25 rear. Hmm, that leaves the blazer in one piece.
    blah no
    1988 Blazer...RIP

I assume the ford has one of those big borg warner t-cases so why not use that? They are aluminum too and have a decent low range I imagine. Otherwise, ford 205s arent hard to find. Do you want to run a manual or auto tranny? If you want manual, I know a guy thats selling a hydraulic clutch setup...
    On the 8th day god created the Super Swamper TSL and said "go forth and kick ass"

the buggy will have a crawlbox, and I'm not using the borg warner case...

probably just get a ford 205 and try to figure out a solution for the crawlbox setup that i've been working on
    1988 Blazer...RIP

is there a low range gear set available for the NP241? If there was, I'd just run the one case with that. With an automatic that would be plently low, and it would be alot lighter and shorter than a doubler.

The crawl box you originally had planned used a chevy np205, right? Did you ever figure this one out? If you did, and you allready had the parts available, would it be possible to simply flip the t-case? I know its been done with a D300, but I don't know about a NP205 (though I thought I've seen pics of it)