Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4

Thread: Undoing my hard work

why exactly did you say you'd never wheel the blazer again?
    do you really want a Furd drivetrain?
    305 and 10b in the blazer as a ranch truck sounds like the ticket.
    Sell the 4.3 and use the 5.7 in the buggy unless there's some elusive good reason not to
    Quote Originally Posted by Shaggy View Post
    damnit... if everyone is leaving i want my original 15 back... i dont wanna be left with these tools

The disco ball in my mouth, insinuates I'm ballin'

blah...

My problem isn't the frame, it's all these little(big) projects that I try to tackle myself. i.e. odd ass 241/205 doubler that I'm trying to do myself. If you haven't noticed I like doing as much as I can myself. Not only am I a joo, it gives me a special feeling in my swimsuit area that only karl can replicate.

Once the doubler is done, I can get final length measurements and output measurements and finish the chassis in solid works.

I got another piece of the puzzle last week from scott. 14 bolt with disc brakes. Jesus, now I own 2 dana 60's and 2 14 bolts with disc brakes... I think I need to sell some crap.
    1988 Blazer...RIP

ill be your pickup man
    talk to Jon at Cardoc. He was asking me about anyone with fullwidths the other day. He wants them for I think the green Yota. Doubt he wants to spend the coin on the 60, but ya never know.
    92 YJ
    04 F-150 4x4
    11 F-250 4x4

Like my rock crawler? KrazyKarl02's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Doug Krebs
    Not only am I a joo, it gives me a special feeling in my swimsuit area that only karl can replicate.
    I knew I was special!
    -Karl
    2006 Chevy K3500 4X4 - No J.B. Weld on it yet!
    1982 thru 94 F-Series "The Klogger" AKA Transport on the road, on the trail, or on the trailer!
    1965 Chevelle
    1975 Corvette

sell them to me, then I can hook up the hummer rims I bought the other day with those 37" BFG's I saw on craigslist...
    Boats and hoes

Stumble in to the liquor store
    With a dollar-fifty for a bottle of wine,
    I know just what I'm lookin for
    Thunderbird will do just fine.

Quote Originally Posted by davido
    You should talk Chris scotti into doing this on my blazer frame... Then he could have a 4 seater!
    1988 Blazer...RIP

hey krebs, have you seen this buggy yet? I remember you saying you liked how part of the f-toy cage looked, and eric mentioned something about you liking a buggy that someone had skinned with toyota body panels, so I figured you would like this one

http://www.pirate4x4.com/forum/showt...12#post5126412

I called the tax office on friday... I'm going down there to see what has to be done to be issued a VIN.

I have no problem with equipment such as the usual: wipers, lights, horn, etc... but I've heard it has to be up to the standards of that production year. i.e. 2006, air bags, crumple zones, etc... I guess I'll find out on Mon.
    1988 Blazer...RIP

See how "modified" a vehicle can be. I've got a 77 K20 you can "build" your buggy out of.

I also have several titles you can have if you need them. All chevy of course, varying tonage though.
    On the 8th day god created the Super Swamper TSL and said "go forth and kick ass"

I also have a couple of titles, but I lost the bag with all the vin plates in it. I do still have one of the ones that were stamped to the frame, but I would need a torch to go get that one.

So Doug, me and chris were sitting here thinking about the imaginary buggy. High centering is always an issue, even with a buggy, as Chris knows. Now, we have devised a few solutions to this dilema.

The first is a hydraulicly actuated hinged arm that is attached to the underside of the truck. The hinged end is poined towards the rear of the vehicle, with the loose end towards the front. The way it works is, if you get high centered, you extend the little arm and it will push you up and forward off the obstacle. Prety cool huh.

The next idea, is to have a set of mini tank tracks under the belly. They can be PTO driven. When you get high centered, you engage the PTO and use the tracks to crawl off the obstacle.

Photo chops of the two devices will be forthcoming.
    On the 8th day god created the Super Swamper TSL and said "go forth and kick ass"

way behind the curve...I already thought of the tank tread mechanism...you could use bobcat hydraulic motors and run a PTO driven pump to power them.
    as for the tread it has to to be able to bend a small radius (small drive wheels and not much room underneath) you could use a conveyor belt w/ tread... like the ones used to move sifted sand and fertlizer. split it in two and make a custom length.
    Last edited by Graystroke; 02-19-2006 at 01:17 PM.