Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Misc. Stuff

sprayin' the house down CheapJeep's Avatar

Misc. Stuff

I need to buy a couple things in preparation for Katemcy.
    First is a new pinion yoke for the 44. I'd read in one of the mags about a company that makes some sorta super duper one, but I looked and can't remember where I found it.
    Second, I'm looking for an onboard air setup. But I can't decide if I want to run a compressor like on ARB's mounted under the hood, or if I should just get one of the portable airtanks with a built in compressor?

Also does anyone know the measurement off hand for an 81 dodge d44 shortside shaft, from the end of the splines to center of the u-joint?
    1974 CJ5-The BarnBurner

Quote Originally Posted by stx4wheeler View Post
    Robbie is the Charlie Daniels of the super swamper.

Plenty of companies have baller pinion yokes for Dana 44's. High angle driveline, northwest fab and tom woods driveshaft are just a few I can think of right off hand.
    On the 8th day god created the Super Swamper TSL and said "go forth and kick ass"

Why not use a York for OBA?

And I have the york brackets, and an extra york that needs rebuilt. But you won't get them before katemcy.

Shaggy
    kopecki... ill call dibbs on your york stuff... dont need it anytime soon... just went it is convienient

Shaggy
    oh and i think i have a couple spare stock 44 yokes if you just need one for cheap

I've got a york thats seized up back in Corpus, dunoo if it can be fixed or not.

If you want to set up an air system like in the big rigs, i can do. 15 weeks of that damn class payed off.

Shaggy
    elablrate on the big rigs air system

like i just told Robert sharpe, id have to do some more research and see what systems and compressors i can adapt over and use. I might do a tech write up or somthing.

I've actually thought about trying to use a 2 cylinder compressor I found on a bus at my friends junkyard in Kingsville but its prety large and the pulley is huge.
    On the 8th day god created the Super Swamper TSL and said "go forth and kick ass"

its a start

Why not just use the york or sanden that was probably an option on whatever motor you have and for which you can find brackets in the junkyard (or even toyota if that's what you have)?
    Quote Originally Posted by Shaggy View Post
    damnit... if everyone is leaving i want my original 15 back... i dont wanna be left with these tools

If you can find factory brackets to mount a york on a 6.2 you will be a better parts whore than me. There is a slim chance GM put a york on a 6.2 in some kind of box truck or delivery van at some point in time. I have no idea if this is true or not, but they did put yorks on 350s in delivery vans, and they did use 6.2s in some, so its a natural progrogression.

so a/c was never an option on vehicles with a 6.2?
    Quote Originally Posted by Shaggy View Post
    damnit... if everyone is leaving i want my original 15 back... i dont wanna be left with these tools