Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: 63 chevy rear springs ?

True Hollywood Stry

63 chevy rear springs ?

Alright when i do all the gay plans i have been dreaming about to the bronco this summer i am gonna play with the wheelbase(extending it), and hopefully get a little more flex out of the rear end.

i have 2 questions
    1. i have 56 inch ford half ton springs as of right now, that have a front of spring eye bolt to centerpin measurement of 24inches and a rear of 32.

Does anyone know what the offset is on the 63 chevys?
    i know i could turn my springs around but i have heard that some people with fullsizes crack the spring eye when doing this, so not really wanting to do this.

2. will 63 inch chevys flex better than my current 56 inchers? i hear of lots of toy people using them. i will also prolly have to take a couple of leafs out to get my truck to set level anyways so that should make them softer.
    He who dies with the most **** wins, after seeing your collection you are in the lead no doubt!

go look on por at the toy faq section
    theres a whole ****ton of stuff on 63" chevys

but, if you need some, i'll be out and about looking for some in the next month or so, so i can try and find you some as well

True Hollywood Stry
    i looked through like 4 pages and didnt see the offset, so if anyone knows it off the top of there head that would be great, also that sucks that they are only 2.5 wide which is gay since i have 3 inchers right now.
    He who dies with the most **** wins, after seeing your collection you are in the lead no doubt!

I'm pretty sure they're not offset, the hole's in the center
    Quote Originally Posted by Shaggy View Post
    damnit... if everyone is leaving i want my original 15 back... i dont wanna be left with these tools

True Hollywood Stry
    alright well robert sharpe said they were he said somewhere in the neighborhood of 4-7 in.

I'll look under my truck and post the findings
    damnit... if everyone is leaving i want my original 15 back... i dont wanna be left with these tools

sprayin' the house down CheapJeep's Avatar
    Just make some new spring plates if they're 2.5.
    1974 CJ5-The BarnBurner

Quote Originally Posted by stx4wheeler View Post
    Robbie is the Charlie Daniels of the super swamper.

I'll measure the ones on pigpen tomorow to put an end to this mess.
    On the 8th day god created the Super Swamper TSL and said "go forth and kick ass"

you have 63s on that ho?

Yes, with flipped lowrider shackles too.
    On the 8th day god created the Super Swamper TSL and said "go forth and kick ass"

True Hollywood Stry
    i thought you were out looking eric, get to work

I'm not making a special trip for you, take your lazy ass outside and measure yourself. There're probably only ten or so 88-98 GM trucks on your street

One other thing you might consider is chevy 56" springs. They have a 4" offset, slightly less than your current one (i.e. move the axle back a couple inches if you have them installed normally). Rember, if you install any offset spring with the long end forward you will have pinion angle issues as they droop.

edit: I am thinking of the front with shackles on the pinion and long side of the springs.

True Hollywood Stry
    i want to find what offset they are so i know what it will do to my wheel base, as it right now if i put on the 63 inchers it would be perfect cause to the end of my frame it is 63 inches, plus i have a set of those zero rates so i can flip it back another 1.5 inches no matter where the stock location is.

robert could you possibly post on colorado k5 asking the differenece in flex from 56 inchers vs 63's, cause for sure the toy guys will get lots more flex cause the spring length from stock toys to 63's is so great. thanks