Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Product review: Joe's Hand Cleaner

Product review: Joe's Hand Cleaner

I'm not just pushing this b/c I sell it, but this is some good ****. It doesn't smell like ****ty citrus, it smells like circus peanuts and works better than anything else I've used. It is around 4 bucks for a decent sized squeeze bottle, and is available at Purvis and a few other places around town. I also wanted to interject that I like Coco Loco for cheap Mexican food, if you haven't tried it yet I suggest it. They have two locations, one on Texas in Bryan and one on Welsh. This has been your weekly PSA from Jimmy, thanks for your time.
    Boats and hoes

Stumble in to the liquor store
    With a dollar-fifty for a bottle of wine,
    I know just what I'm lookin for
    Thunderbird will do just fine.

Is that the stuff that was out at the airplane shop?

at the parts store, confusing the **** out of the guy.
    Man, I need to get the name of the **** we use at work. I don't know what it is, but it smells like watermelon bubblelicious gum and will get stuff off your hands easily.
    "You know, this car is so fast, that giving Corvette owners this car, is kinda like giving an AK-47 to a pysch ward."

-Ron Fellows (Corvette C6R Team Driver)

no the stuff out at the hangar was something else, it worked good but almost hurt it had so much pumice **** in it, and smelled like poo poo. This stuff is really easy on your hands and smells "delightful"
    Boats and hoes

Do Not Touch The Trim!!! AggieMudder's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Fredo
    Man, I need to get the name of the **** we use at work. I don't know what it is, but it smells like watermelon bubblelicious gum and will get stuff off your hands easily.
    It wasnt Cherry Bomb was it. Thats what we use up at our shop and I think we get it from Zep. I think it works pretty good, a lot better than most other things Ive tried.

Bump for Joe's. I got a bottle the other day of the kind that has Lanolin and Polyurethane (or something) beads in it. There's something about grease that's been on a bicycle for 15 years but it's harder to get off your hands than anything that comes from a vehicle. Joes did a better job than anything else I've tried
    Quote Originally Posted by Shaggy View Post
    damnit... if everyone is leaving i want my original 15 back... i dont wanna be left with these tools

Polyethelene scrubbers, I used to sell it you know... I like the green one myself. I have found it at the NAPA distribution center next door to work, but I have not confirmed if it is at the other stores or not. Purvis, would be your local distributor in the B/CS area.
    Boats and hoes

we use the tko and the cherry bomb both here at work (your tax dollars hard at work, but then again so is this post) and the green tko stuff works way better. i actually like the orange smell though. and where is the coco loco on welsh - i like that place.
    Seth Stewart '04
    2000 Suburban DD
    1995 F150 SAS - Needs more work to sell
    1998 GMC pickup - sold
    2003 Yukon XL - wrecked/motor donor
    1975 Scout - TBD
    1976 Scout - parts truck
    1972 IH 1310 dually - TBD
    196? Scout 800 - 302 roller

Quote Originally Posted by Seth
    and where is the coco loco on welsh - i like that place.
    Just South of SW Pkwy I think? Much less crowded in general than the Bryan location.
    Check out Mi Pueblito Ponce's on S. College (I think?) too...apparently it's owned by someone in the Coco Loco family
    Quote Originally Posted by Shaggy View Post
    damnit... if everyone is leaving i want my original 15 back... i dont wanna be left with these tools

The stuff we use here at work is Called Ram Grit....it's brought out by the Ram Products guy. The guys in the paint shop use this stuff to clean their hands at the end of the day instead of paint thinner. Pretty good stuff.
    "You know, this car is so fast, that giving Corvette owners this car, is kinda like giving an AK-47 to a pysch ward."

stinger7401
    Another for TKO, its what my parents have used for years at the shops and works like a champ, forget Lava, Fast Orange and all the others, they don't compare to TKO..

I personally like paint thinner. It cleans and the burning lets you know it's working.

Put your standard hand cleaner into one of these http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...63854?n=284507 for easy as hell hand cleaning.
    '73 J2000 Thriftside Gladiator, 258/T14/D20
    '81 CJ7 Laredo, 258/T176/D300

Karl's dad uses "GOJO Gold" I think. It works pretty damn well, best I've every used. Maybe karl will chime in, as it's been a couple years since I've got my hands dirty in Clyde's garage.
    1988 Blazer...RIP

fbronco86
    Quote Originally Posted by Doug Krebs
    Karl's dad uses "GOJO Gold" I think. It works pretty damn well, best I've every used. Maybe karl will chime in, as it's been a couple years since I've got my hands dirty in Clyde's garage.
    Yes Clyde has some pretty good stuff. GOJO Gold

Cherry Bomb works well. We used that in the ME machine shop on campus.

Dishwashing soap works well too.

The best is a little carb cleaner on the hands.