Thread: SeaFoam

BeachJeepin

SeaFoam

Anybody have any experience with this product? Any tips or suggestions about using this?

i once heard that you could pull one of the plugs on your intake and stick a hose on there and put it in the can of seafoam and let it suck all of the stuff out. motor should die and let it sit for a few hours then start it. it will smoke a ****load and once it stopped you could drive it. its supposed to eat all the carbon buildup and shat. never tried it though

1976 F-100 Kustom Krawler
    1976 F-150 Custom
    1964 CJ5

i use it alot, its some good stuff. i've use the engine treatment, you can either pour it in the gas or mix it with the oil. ive only used it in the gas. so far i have had nothing but good luck with it. you should be able to notice a difference after you run one through your first tank. they make a trans tune, and a penetrating spray. the penetrating spray works pretty well also. never tried the tranny stuff though
    Tommy Matheaus '06
    210-323-2546
    2004 F-140 4x4 DD
    1990 F-150 4x4 in the works
    1992 Jeep Cherokee basterdized

BeachJeepin
    tranny stuff says its for auto trannys. yeah it says to put 1/3 in tank, 1/3 in throttle body, and 1/3 in engine. I'm worried about it messing up seals in the engine... Heard nothing but great reports on it though

you put it in, let the engine die, wait 10 min, start it back up, wait another 10 min, then drive the smoke out of it...

i've never ran it through the throttle body, but i have done essentially the same with spray carb cleaner. i know people that have put it in with the oil and never had any problems with messing up the seals. but if your just wanting to clean out the injectors then just dump one can per tank of gas
    Tommy Matheaus '06
    210-323-2546
    2004 F-140 4x4 DD
    1990 F-150 4x4 in the works
    1992 Jeep Cherokee basterdized

I used it in the blazer once while in the parking garage. Dumped it straight into the throttle body while it was running. All I remember is smoking out the entire parking garage with white smoke.
    1988 Blazer...RIP

True Hollywood Stry
    to get best results, take the can and unhook a vacuum line from the intake like the one that goes to your brake booster, and insert this in the end of the can and let it suck up the can, you can either then kill it, or the engine will die out, then let it set for a couple of hours, the start that bad boy back up, i have can rolling around in the back of the f-350 but havent taken the time to put it in.
    He who dies with the most **** wins, after seeing your collection you are in the lead no doubt!

where do you get this stuff and what does it look like?

Seafoam won out in the snakeoil shootout of '05

I thought Marvel won the '05 shootout?
    Boats and hoes

Stumble in to the liquor store
    With a dollar-fifty for a bottle of wine,
    I know just what I'm lookin for
    Thunderbird will do just fine.

at the parts store, confusing the **** out of the guy.
    I think Marvel won the shootout of '04.
    "You know, this car is so fast, that giving Corvette owners this car, is kinda like giving an AK-47 to a pysch ward."

-Ron Fellows (Corvette C6R Team Driver)

True Hollywood Stry
    viva la seafoam, you can get it at vatozone, ho'rieleys, and associated parts places....
    He who dies with the most **** wins, after seeing your collection you are in the lead no doubt!

Teaching America's youth RCcola55's Avatar
    Sea foam is the ****. It will evenb make a piece of crap caddy run good for a day or two. Frick is right the best way to use it is through the vacuum line at the brake booster, i usually just pour 1/3 of the can in slow then run it for about 10 min after that. Works great in the oil but u have to replace it after about a week cause all the carbon it breaksd down can **** up the bearings.
    Ryan Clarke
    (214)695-7901

yup if I think about it I'll usually pick up a can and pour half in the tank and half in the crankcase an hour or so before I do an oil change to help get the junk out. Chevy of course, not Yota. Who knows what kinda leaks would open up if I got the junk out of the Toy
    Quote Originally Posted by Shaggy View Post
    damnit... if everyone is leaving i want my original 15 back... i dont wanna be left with these tools