Page 1 of 28 1 2 3 4 5 11 ... LastLast

Thread: The Charlie Truck

The Charlie Truck

started a little work on the japanese truck today, mostly getting ready for body work, bondo and paint, and put in a bed liner...
    heres a few pics

more pics here

EDIT: i forgot to post before pic.. so here they are
    Attached Images Attached Images          
    Last edited by J Cooper; 07-19-2004 at 02:43 AM.

That rust looked worse with the paint on. You gonna paint it yourself? Hope you didn't use the duplicolor roll-on bedliner.

most of it was just bondo cracking,whoever used to own it i think used alot of bondo to straighten out the bed, or had cut out the rust, filled it then bondoed the **** out of it, it was pretty thick but it wasnt rust, only real rust i found was along 1 or 2 seams and that surface rust on the bed, yeah ill probaly paint it myself, i have just a little bit of experience with paints, no it was rust-olium(sp?) warrior bed liner

TRDyota
    Looks good. Whats next?

... have it run

Violentv8toy
    did i miss something here? did you buy that from eric? or is eric living in the east wing?

if you did get it from eric, what made you do it?

Grand theft auto again maybe

Quote Originally Posted by eight
    Grand theft auto again maybe

just kidding mario, yeah im gonna buy it from eric, ive been looking for a truck for a long time and this is in my price range and ive always wanted that exact truck, i know it needs work but im gonna make her pretty and run real good, get a new motor and lower it back a little if i have too, and im gonna buy chris scotties all terrains to help with that..... yes its wierd, ive crossed over to the dark side for jeep owners.... but yes like ryan said, this vehicle will be legal and more practical, now i can use my jeep for just off-road and take the yota when ever i feel like it also

he'll take the yota when he wants to wheel hard AND pull chicks
    all the cool kids drive yotas anyway
    I thought you said it had a lot of Bondo?! That's all metal under there! Oh yeah, I have a small tub of it that might still be good.
    Bedliner looks bad ass. Do you know how long I've been carrying that stuff around?
    Where'd you put the springs and stuff that were in the back? I might redo Ugly's suspension on sunday. I'll be over to try and get Charlie running this afternoon...
    Quote Originally Posted by Shaggy View Post
    damnit... if everyone is leaving i want my original 15 back... i dont wanna be left with these tools

Quote Originally Posted by uglyota
    he'll take the yota when he wants to wheel hard AND pull chicks
    all the cool kids drive yotas anyway
    I thought you said it had a lot of Bondo?! That's all metal under there! Oh yeah, I have a small tub of it that might still be good.
    Bedliner looks bad ass. Do you know how long I've been carrying that stuff around?
    Where'd you put the springs and stuff that were in the back? I might redo Ugly's suspension on sunday. I'll be over to try and get Charlie running this afternoon...
    yeah ive idolized michael j fox since back to the future... now i get to be a cool kid too
    there is alot of bondo, but it was used to make it straight not fill in holes,
    and the springs i took to bryan iron and metal.... they gave me $5 for all of em

there in the garage

Violentv8toy
    thats cool man...i've always dug the 1st gens as long as they're not rusted out and complete.

True Hollywood Stry
    i jsut finished painting my uncles cherokee cooper and not to toot my own horn but turned out better than i thought it would if you need any help or a paint gun i can bring mine when i come back to college station next month.
    He who dies with the most **** wins, after seeing your collection you are in the lead no doubt!

Quote Originally Posted by stx4wheeler
    i jsut finished painting my uncles cherokee cooper and not to toot my own horn
    Stop or you'll go blind!
    Quote Originally Posted by Graystroke View Post
    So you loose, I win!

paint might be a little down the road now....

pulled the valve cover today and this is what i saw, and i broke my wrench trying to turn it over, i cleaned it up a bit, and it moves fine now... then i drained the oil and it was brown like it had water in it....

think a 4.3 tbi would look good in this truck?? just need to get the adapter

or something like this...
    Attached Images Attached Images        
    Last edited by J Cooper; 07-10-2004 at 07:55 PM.