Page 4 of 28 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 14 ... LastLast

Thread: The Charlie Truck

i think my thread just got snaked by lissas jeep

the main problem was that she bought a axle shaft(both ends which aslo has a closed bearing unit) from a YJ, so the closed bearing unit was not the same, when the rotor mounted onto it was like a 1/4 inch difference which caused the rotor to hit the steering arm and knuckle, so we just changed the bearing unit and replaced the axle shaft ujoint while it was out... which led to two extra days of crap

The unit bearings for a YJ and a TJ should have been the same... Maybe it was off a Grand.

Quote Originally Posted by AgDieseler
    It no matter!!!
    It sure doesn't, I think jerry told me they are tearing that house down now!
    1988 Blazer...RIP

Quote Originally Posted by bburris
    The unit bearings for a YJ and a TJ should have been the same... Maybe it was off a Grand.
    my bad i meant xj

How'd that yoke look when you got the Ujoint out?

Back to Yotas--anybody up for a 1-day fool infection conversion this weekend--japanese style?
    Quote Originally Posted by Shaggy View Post
    damnit... if everyone is leaving i want my original 15 back... i dont wanna be left with these tools

Quote Originally Posted by uglyota

Back to Yotas--anybody up for a 1-day fool infection conversion this weekend--japanese style?
    we used the yoke off the xj shaft, just changed out the bearing unit

back to yotas-- yes full on wrench day at regime 218, get some beer and bar b q and just have at it... get that ***** bolted in and wired up.... maybe run, i dont know if well have time

but yeah... i could also use some help cleaning the garage out
    Last edited by J Cooper; 07-15-2004 at 05:24 PM.

usmcagg02
    gimme a call when ya get started, if i'm free i'll come help. 676-0449

[hijack]So all the progress is being made over there. When can I bring my Jap crap over?

I'm taking it home this weekend to look in the seelinders with a borescope and see if I can find any puddles. Even if I do I will still drive it like it is because I think this new radiator can control the temp. Also going to get the brakes working and if I can con my dad....look at the tranny problem. If I can't I'm going to need some help figuring out why the tranny turns but won't shift into 5 or R and won't spin the tcase. Then all I have to do after that is make a front bumper. Maybe I can make that July 31 trip?!?[/hijack]
    Last edited by Chadnutz; 07-15-2004 at 10:00 PM.

We gonna get a chance to bend some tube sometime this weekend? If I can get the remaining tube bent and tacked, I can have that POS out of your way next weekend. If I get it home by friday or sat next week, I may even be able to have it running and painted by the end of the weekend

Oh yeah, the engine is on back of the truck, so I'll give you'll a call tommorow morning, unless someone will be around tonite and wants to get it around midnight when I get back to town

Quote Originally Posted by CRaSHnBuRN
    Oh yeah, the engine is on back of the truck, so I'll give you'll a call tommorow morning, unless someone will be around tonite and wants to get it around midnight when I get back to town
    whatever is easier for you, ill be up at midnight if you want to bring it by then, i can help unload it

Quote Originally Posted by Chadnutz
    [hijack]So all the progress is being made over there. When can I bring my Jap crap over?

I'm taking it home this weekend to look in the seelinders with a borescope and see if I can find any puddles. Even if I do I will still drive it like it is because I think this new radiator can control the temp. Also going to get the brakes working and if I can con my dad....look at the tranny problem. If I can't I'm going to need some help figuring out why the tranny turns but won't shift into 5 or R and won't spin the tcase. Then all I have to do after that is make a front bumper. Maybe I can make that July 31 trip?!?[/hijack]
    im pretty sure we can figure it out, i dont mind if you bring it by once we get all the other crap out of the way... and my aunts boyfriend is a mechanic at a transmittion shop, they live right over on rockprarie, im sure if we bought him some beer he would be over there in like 2 secs....

Quote Originally Posted by CRaSHnBuRN
    well engine #2 should be coming into town late thursday, early friday
    anybody up for a 1-day fool infection conversion this weekend
    Quote Originally Posted by J Cooper
    yes full on wrench day at regime 218:
    p.s. thank you to jerry and mike for coming by ready to start wrenchin on the truck, with beer in hand.... even though i dont even have the motor yet.
    but yeah it will be here tomorrow, so either do it tomorrow, or all day sat... i was gonna attempt to clean up the garage a little before we started this project, so maybe ill clean up tomorrow and do this **** sat... depends on what eric has planned... he has to ask them warden first when he can play

Okay, I'll be leaving my parents in about 15 minutes, so I'll give you a call as I get to town. Try to swap it tommorow or sat, so maybe we can do some bending sunday. 1 day of bending and tube notching and she should be done. I'm so close I can taste it. I need to study for a math 152 test, but I'lll try to get out there to help you some. Out of curiosity, would you be interested in some allpro rocksliders or a that rockstomper tube bumper I had on the toy?

Quote Originally Posted by J Cooper
    p.s. thank you to jerry and mike for coming by ready to start wrenchin on the truck, with beer in hand.... even though i dont even have the motor yet.
    but yeah it will be here tomorrow, so either do it tomorrow, or all day sat... i was gonna attempt to clean up the garage a little before we started this project, so maybe ill clean up tomorrow and do this **** sat... depends on what eric has planned... he has to ask them warden first when he can play
    yes yes saturday, saturday, too bad i'll be gone riding dirt bikes else i would be down!
    Quote Originally Posted by Graystroke View Post
    So you loose, I win!