Page 1 of 13 1 2 3 4 5 11 ... LastLast

Thread: The Corn Hauler!

The Corn Hauler!

Looks like I'm going to be a Hikeschooler again, so following suit we shall name the new blazer, the "Corn Hauler". I've never really been into naming cars at all, but this whole corn thing makes me laugh.

Current Plan:

For the body: Buy a rust free 1991 body I've been looking at for the past week. Right now its a rolling chassis on stock 10 bolts and 33" BFG's. I got the guy to knock the price down if he took the tires and rims off since I really don't need them. He says they have good tread if someone needs them, as the whole thing would come at a better price with them.

Drivetrain:

Swap 14 bolt and dana 60 to new body and frame. Everything about the dana 60 is pretty much brand new except the wheel bearings. The 14 bolt has lifetime rotors and brakes. I'll probably clean the 14 bolt up and pain it while its out.

Engine, tranny, and tcase:

Again swap the 350, SM465, and Np208 over to the new body and frame. I'll again most likely clean the stuff up.

Suspension:

Most likely Alcan, not sure on the height. When I get the new body I'll have to some measuring. I'd like to drop it down to 4" to keep the ride better. I know previously the tires hit the rear of the fender, so I may move the axle forward if works as a solution. Bumpstops will also be used.

Steering:

Right now the tie rod is behind the axle, not sure if I'll keep it there. I'll definately keep the crossover.

I plan to get it running before I mess with the suspension.

Flame away ****ers
    1988 Blazer...RIP

Place your bets I have two pots going:

1) How long it takes, though I first need doug to project a time before I can create a spread.

2) How far doug gets before he loses interest in finishing and just drives it, we shall call this percent complete.

Quote Originally Posted by Graystroke View Post
    So you loose, I win!

For the time line, let me get the body first...

For percent complete mostly depends on how much money I want to spend. As we all know I'm a huge joo which hinders making things nicer than needed. i.e. changing the interior color from tan to gray. That kinda thing could take me a while.
    1988 Blazer...RIP

the time line will depend if doug decides to try and mill something at work or convert the 350 to a six-cycle engine. this would greatly hinder "projection of completion"...i mean we're talking about working prototypes, time on the dyno, and wind tunnel testing (and this will only happen when doug and john cox can figure something for a trade)
    I wouldn't want to be the the house on this one!

fbronco86
    I want to see a Gantt Chart on this

So are you gonna gather some parts like you did for your buggy

Quote Originally Posted by fbronco86
    I want to see a Gantt Chart on this

So are you gonna gather some parts like you did for your buggy
    See the whole thing about that is I kinda quit my job, so I don't have alot of money. All my savings? Yeah, downpayment on a house, kinda makes it hard...
    1988 Blazer...RIP

fbronco86
    Quote Originally Posted by Doug Krebs
    See the whole thing about that is I kinda quit my job, so I don't have alot of money. All my savings? Yeah, downpayment on a house, kinda makes it hard...
    Quit your job? Holy smokes! Need more time for school or what?

Quote Originally Posted by fbronco86
    Quit your job? Holy smokes! Need more time for school or what?
    previous job i'm guessing
    Quote Originally Posted by Graystroke View Post
    So you loose, I win!

True Hollywood Stry
    but one more variable we are forgeting is can he aford the adderal, to get this thing finished? Anyone wanna go ride bikes, look pretty bird...
    He who dies with the most **** wins, after seeing your collection you are in the lead no doubt!

hahaha i think its a sweet idea, just buy my shocks for it

Like my rock crawler? KrazyKarl02's Avatar
    ??? How do you quit with Robert, it is a cake job.

While I am replying, let me know if you need help, I still think it is a bad idea, but you, me, and a case or 2, we can do it.....

I would like to edit, I think fitting and changing interior and hoping for an american car that does not rattle is a bad idea
    -Karl
    2006 Chevy K3500 4X4 - No J.B. Weld on it yet!
    1982 thru 94 F-Series "The Klogger" AKA Transport on the road, on the trail, or on the trailer!
    1965 Chevelle
    1975 Corvette

Doug, I still say you need a 2wd toyota truck, build the 'corn, graduate and buy a tow rig..
    Boats and hoes

Stumble in to the liquor store
    With a dollar-fifty for a bottle of wine,
    I know just what I'm lookin for
    Thunderbird will do just fine.

Quote Originally Posted by KrazyKarl02
    ??? How do you quit with Robert, it is a cake job.

While I am replying, let me know if you need help, I still think it is a bad idea, but you, me, and a case or 2, we can do it.....

I would like to edit, I think fitting and changing interior and hoping for an american car that does not rattle is a bad idea
    Ok ding-a-lings, I'm talking about my previous job where I actually made more than a couple hundred dollars in a month. I still work for robert, however I got a promotion and can come out from under the desk twice a day!!!11!11

Blazer's interiors are not that difficult, I've taken them apart many times. Aside from the AC ducts, only plastic is the dash pad and the instrument panel.
    1988 Blazer...RIP

Like my rock crawler? KrazyKarl02's Avatar
    Blazer's interiors are not that difficult, I've taken them apart many times. Aside from the AC ducts, only plastic is the dash pad and the instrument panel.
    I can't help but be an a$$, how many times have you put them back together?
    -Karl
    2006 Chevy K3500 4X4 - No J.B. Weld on it yet!
    1982 thru 94 F-Series "The Klogger" AKA Transport on the road, on the trail, or on the trailer!
    1965 Chevelle
    1975 Corvette

Quote Originally Posted by KrazyKarl02
    I can't help but be an a$$, how many times have you put them back together?
    5?
    1988 Blazer...RIP